Complaint Review: Ocean Tire and Auto Repair

• Updated: Fri, September 13, 2013

• Reported By: Bamboozled — Ventura California
Ocean Tire and Auto Repair
1177 Ventura Ave Ventura, California USA

Ocean Tire and Auto Repair - Took my car in for a simple repair and got swindled and ended up having no car at all... Ventura California

THE PEOPLE AT OCEAN TIRE AND AUTO IN VENTURA CA ARE A BUNCH OF THIEVES -

Took my car in to this "repair" shop and they told me it would only be $100 to fix a simple electrical problem. After they got ahold of my car they called me and told me it was now going to be $350 and they never even wrote me an estimate! When I told them I wouldn't pay that much for a simple repair they kept my car for 3 weeks and when I finally got it back they had swapped numerous good parts out for broken one's, including the brakes and alternator and they emptied my transmission of all the fluid so that it burned up when I was driving home after finally getting it back - I also found numerous personal items missing from my car such as sunglasses, a hunting knife and fishing equipment. I now have no vehicle at all and have reported them to the California Bureau of Automotive Repair and will be suing them in court as soon as I receive a judgment from the Bureau of Automotive Repair. When I called them to get my money back or atleast get them to fix my car they laughed at me and said "we will see you in court and you won't win." We will see about that .............

If you care about your vehicle and peace of mind, PLEASE AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS !

They will steal you blind and laugh in your face afterwards.

I have video evidence of what they did including them admitting that what they did was illegal - if anyone out there knows about this type of situation or has heard of these people doing this to anyone else, I would love to hear from you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2013 09:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ocean-Tire-and-Auto-Repair/Ventura-California-93001/Ocean-Tire-and-Auto-Repair-Took-my-car-in-for-a-simple-repair-and-got-swindled-and-ende-1084114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ocean Tire and Auto Repair