Complaint Review: OCR

• Updated: Wed, August 19, 2009

• Reported By: Anonymous — Anonymous Oklahoma USA
OCR
http://www.ed.gov/ocr/ Kansas City, Missouri United States of America

OCR - Office For Civil Rights - Office Of Civil Rights - U.S. Department Of Education OCR has incomplete resources necessary to investigate and resolve problems occuring at schools, colleges, and universities. Kansas City Missouri

"I am immediately terminating your Residence Hall Contract. You will not be able to apply for housing on the campus of Southeastern at any point in the future. You are permanently banned from visiting any Southeastern residence hall. The termination of your residence hall contract is final and cannot be appealed".

After this happened to me, I began a search for some other attorney or organization to help me. I tried three attorneys, one with a full case load, another that did not call back after the consultation, and another that was honest enough to say that there is not going to be any attorney in the area that would be interested. (especially since it is a college town).

I should have searched for attorneys from Oklahoma City.

What made perfect sense at the time, was to report this to the U.S. Department Of Education. The only civil rights organization I found was "OCR". An investigative team at OCR opened the case, but they have very limited categories for civil rights violations. About two months into the investigation, there were a lot of delays. I was told that the SOSU has not responded. After that, I was told that the case load for OCR is overloading, that the investigative team's attorney had personal issues, and was also told once again that OCR is behind on their cases. After 16 months, OCR closed my complaint against SOSU, with the reason that "OCR does not have the authority to continue with the investigation". My case was not referred to any other attorneys or organizations.

If this was politics, I'd be wondering if Southeastern Oklahoma State University filibustered my complaint.

I don't think there are any attorneys that browse Rip Off Report, but if there are any people that have had problems in schools and colleges, you should take your complaint to a better qualified organization.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2009 04:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OCR/Kansas-City-Missouri-/OCR-Office-For-Civil-Rights-Office-Of-Civil-Rights-US-Department-Of-Education-O-482180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OCR