Complaint Review: Ocwen Loan Servicing

• Updated: Thu, July 25, 2013

• Reported By: AttorneyNH — Nashua New Hampshire
Ocwen Loan Servicing
Carol Stream, Illinois USA

Ocwen Loan Servicing Ocwen forcing late payments to collect unlawful fees Carol Stream Illinois

*Author of original report: Ocwen

*Consumer Comment: Ocwen!

As a former GMAC customer, I was hijacked into doing business with Ocwen when GMAC declared bankruptcy. Based on my research of this company, which was rated oen of the worst mortgage servicing companies in the country, I was not surprised when I immediately experienced problems.  They removed my ability to make payments online, forcing me to either call in payments and incur fees and late charges, or use paper checks which they could allocate at will after the payment date to incur more late fees.  I also experience 30 to 45 minute wait times for their India based abysmal customer service.  They instructed me on how to set up my account to once again allow for online payments; however, their system treats my user name and password as invalid and will not allow me access - leaving me once again at square one and unable to make online payments, which I can only assume is the objective they want to receive.  Every person you speak to gives you a new excuse and some other procedure which does not work.  I cannot decide if their actions are criminal or simply unbelievably incompetent, but as a lawyer, I will be contacting the NH Banking Commission and the NH Attorney General to report them. I hope to refinance my loan with a reputable, ethical company before Ocwen has a chance to either destroy my credit or illegally foreclose on my home.  If you are looking for a good mortgage company with high ethics and great customer service, look ANYWHERE else BUT Ocwen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2013 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ocwen-Loan-Servicing/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197/Ocwen-Loan-Servicing-Ocwen-forcing-late-payments-to-collect-unlawful-fees-Carol-Stream-Il-1069987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ocwen Loan Servicing

Ocwen

AUTHOR: Attorney Rosanna Fox - ()

I agree.  GMAC, with all their issues, was a walk in a flower garden compared with Ocwen.  At least I could access my account online, and set up and make payments in a timely fashion.  Ocwen has no interest in helping you make payments - they are nothing but a debt collector, so they only make money if you are late in making payment.  Therefore, they will do anything they can to make sure they obstruct your ability to make payments in any way possible.  They should have their license taken away.  They are nothing but a bunch of crooks.

Ocwen!

AUTHOR: Jaysef - ()

I am experiencing the same issue with Ocwen. I am also a former GMAC customer.

I am getting nowhere with this place in trying to reestablish my online account access. Their customer service is non-existent and non-english speaking.

GMAC was not perfect, but were far and away a much better company to deal with.