Complaint Review: Ocwen

• Updated: Thu, April 10, 2014

• Reported By: Dee — Cincinnati Ohio
Ocwen
P.O. Box 24646 West Palm Beach, Florida USA

Ocwen Ocwen's uses the false term foresee in the statement for filing a loan modification. West Palm Beach Florida

Ocwen states if you foresee a problem paying your loan, they will assist in loan modification. The words foresee is listed on their web page under paragraph 8 for loan modification requirements. In 2011, I contacted Ocwen because my husband was in Stage IV Prostate Cancer and his health was declining. We knew his days were numbered and an ultimate decrease in income would occur because he ran a small business. Anyone could foresee the ultimate.

I applied for a loan modification based on foresight and was turned down. I was told our loan had to be at least two months behind. My loan had never been behind. Out of desperation I let the loan get behind because I knew we would not be able to afford our payments. I was still refused a loan modification and never could catch up on the loan.

My husband passed away in November 2013 and I am still behind as Ocwen continues to send me certified mail stating that I am behind as if I don't know this. The certified letters cost around $30. and is added to my arrearage that has increased by over in $1,200 due to certified fees. I have reapplied for another loan modification and sent in all the necessary paper work. When I looked at my account on the net, Ocwen says I didn't send in all the paper work and they sent me mail requesting the missing papers. I have yet to receive the request.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2014 04:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ocwen/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33416-4646/Ocwen-Ocwens-uses-the-false-term-foresee-in-the-statement-for-filing-a-loan-modification-1137705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ocwen