Complaint Review: Odessa Cylinder Head

• Updated: Mon, November 04, 2013

• Reported By: Howard — Kiowa Kansas
Odessa Cylinder Head
5100 Ulmerton Rd, Suite 2 Clearwater, Florida USA

Odessa Cylinder Head, Clearwater Cylinder Head, This cost me a small fortune and upset my customer!! Clearwater Florida

*General Comment: whats roberts last name

*General Comment: haha badmouthing

*Consumer Comment: Odessa Cylinder Head

*General Comment: Incorrect website listed

This company sold me a remanufactured cylinder head and timing component set for a 2.2l GM Ecotec engine. The timing set was faulty and the substandard tensioner destroyed the valves in the remanufactured cylinder head. They sent me another cylinder head, we reassemble the engine using a factory tenioner this time. After start up, the engine made unusual noise.

Fearing a damaged head again, we removed and paid to have it inspected at a local machine shop. It was ok this time so we reassembled all and started the engine again. Still making noise though even louder this time. Disassemble the engine front cover & inspected all. This time one of the balance chain sprockets had come apart in pieces leaving metal in the oil pan and causing us to have to remove it and clean out the metal and replace most all of the timing parts with original GM parts as we were afraid to use anymore of this companys product. [continued below]....

..... Finally got the customer car assembled for the last time and delivered it to them.

I contacted Robert, the "President" of this company via email. I asked for only a refund of $345 of the $730 I had paid as that was the portion of the bill that was for the timing components. He offered me $100 for my time. I did not want anything for my time nor did I ask for payment for my time as I am in the automotive business and typically that is disclaimed away. What I wanted was $345 back for the brand new "junk" timing set. His response to me was  "You win some, you lose some, in life it happens every day"!!! I replied that I understand that but was not accustomed to losing my shirt. His rebuttle was "Have a good day and get on with it"!!! This is pitiful customer service to say the least and that was from the "President" of the company!!

When all the smoke cleared It cost me over $1000 out of pocket direct expense not to mention I could have had my tech working on other jobs that would have brought in profit. Of course, this cost could not be passed on to the customer so it was all on me as I do not believe in making paying customers suffer because of someone elses defective parts.

Unfortunately, my wife had prescheduled a much needed vacation with reservations and I missed my opportunity to respond to paypal in time with supporting documents to try and take actions through paypal for a partial refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2013 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Odessa-Cylinder-Head/Clearwater-Florida-33760/Odessa-Cylinder-Head-Clearwater-Cylinder-Head-This-cost-me-a-small-fortune-and-upset-my-1096955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Odessa Cylinder Head

#1 General Comment

whats roberts last name

AUTHOR: lt1dan - (USA)

anyone know Roberts last name?

#2 General Comment

haha badmouthing

AUTHOR: lt1dan - (USA)

the guy with the forklift sounds like something BOB the owner of this company would say. the sold me counterfit procomp heads knowing they are JUNK. after hundreds of dollars buying parts that make up the flaws in the junk heads he is selling I should have bought some dart heads. I'll be heading to florida in the next few weeks and I'll be filing suit in their local district justice. I WILL post the outcome of this because he is an awful business man and no one should buy junk from him. he obviously doesnt have one ounce of business sense to help his customers. I'll also be searching the florida court system for privious lawsuits against this CROOK.

Odessa Cylinder Head

AUTHOR: MrMann - ()

I bought a cylinder head from Odessa for a Mitsubishi forklift. It was very well packaged and protected for shipping (poor shipping/packaging is a pet peeve of mine), and arrived when they said it would. It was clean, and in perfect condition, and has been running smoothly and quietly since I installed it. I had a good experience with them, and I just hate to see a company get badmouthed whenever stuff doesn't go someones way...or they don't know what they're doing, and try to blame the supplier.

#4 General Comment

Incorrect website listed

AUTHOR: Mark - ()

The website cylinderheads.com is not the website for Odessa Cylinder Heads of Clearwater, FL.  The correct website is cylinder-heads.com