- Report: #1138659
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Off Lease for Less
Off Lease for Less3015 Exchange Ct West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Off Lease for Less Off Lease 4 less Off lease 4 less.com Schumacher automotive Odometer fraud, carfax fraud, deceptive sales practices, used car scam West Palm Beach Florida
*Author of original report: Response to rebuttal from Offlease 4 less manager
*UPDATE Employee: Used Car Purchase
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
During late 2013 I purchased a late model used car from this dealership. The sales people were great and presented a clean Car Fax report on the vehicle. Financing was easy and the purchase process went smoothly.
First month of vehicle ownership:
- Airbag system failure
- Intermittent ABS failure
- Intermittent traction control failure
- Head Gaskets leaking coolant
- Radio intermittent with loud popping from rear speakers
- Electrical power dips “brown-outs” that dim or turn off headlights at night for a few seconds at a time
Dealership response to problems: No response. All correspondence ignored.
Three months of vehicle ownership:
- Total ignition system failure leading to vehicle being disabled and towed.
- Difficulty identifying ignition system parts for replacement since parts on engine from the dealership were not ignition parts normally used on a this model year vehicle
- Brakes overheat and fail intermittently on hills and mountain inclines
- Transmissions slippage on hills
- Torque converter problems
- Occasional gasoline smell while car is idling
- Burning oil in multiple cylinders
- Multiple oil leaks from engine seals
- Suspension system (electronic ride) fails randomly
- Electronic mirror no longer tints at night
- Windshield wiper spray pump goes dead
- Day / night automatic headlight light sensor failed
- EGR Valve fails intermittently
- Intermittent failure of power steering system while driving (very scary)
Upon taking vehicle to private mechanic, he indicates that the vehicle may have been in an accident in the past since he discovers engine mounts broken and do not align for proper replacement. In addition, some parts on the engine, such as the ignition system, do not match the production year of the car. Mechanic indicates that engine may have been replaced after an accident, and advises that such work is not always reported to Car Fax, especially by Florida repair shops.
I understand that this vehicle was purchased “as-is”, however, I had a reasonable expectation that the condition and mileage of the vehicle was disclosed in a truthful manner. Off lease for less, owned by Schumacher automotive, continues to ignore my requests to take back the junk vehicle they sold me. Buyer Beware!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2014 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Off-Lease-for-Less/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33409/Off-Lease-for-Less-Off-Lease-4-less-Off-lease-4-lesscom-Schumacher-automotive-Odometer-f-1138659. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.