Complaint Review: Office Depot

• Updated: Thu, November 14, 2013

• Reported By: Adam H — Las Vegas Nevada
Office Depot
Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Office Depot Catastrophically failing to deliver freight, then lying about it Las Vegas Nevada

*Author of original report: Office Depot made it right!

Order No. 682670368-001

On Saturday, November 9, 2013 I ordered a desk and filing cabinet which was supposed to be delivered yesterday. I placed the order in-person at the location on 4555 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV89102.

As of today (Wednesday, November 13), it still has not arrived.

After numerous phone calls, I discovered they claim the delivery company (Dynamex) claims that they both "couldn't get through security" and I "wasn't home" so therefore Office Depot cancelled my order and (supposedly) initiated a refund.

It's pretty funny, seeing as I was sitting in the front yard, working from my laptop using the signal from inside the condo, specifically waiting for my desk and filing cabinet to show up.

Furthermore, yesterday, the place where I ordered my bedroom set and living room set had no problem driving straight up to my condo, which is NOT behind a locked community gate, to bring that stuff, which I was home to receive, between the hours of 8 and 5, both yesterday and today.

Let's add that I called Dynamex and they gave me the tracking number, THEN they added, they have no record of any failed attempts to deliver to me.

It's not that they screwed up the order. Mistakes happen all the time. I make a ton of them myself. Who doesn't?

It's that they told me so many untruths that they contradicted themselves, and when I pointed out the facts (some of which were from multiple live chats I had with them), the reps at Office Depot were (literally) speechless. As in, went silent on the phone and I could hear them breathing trying to find the words. This happened with three reps in a row.

Meanwhile, I desperately need to get my regular computer set up, which I can't do on a card table or the little folding table I use for the laptop, and I can't just have wires all over the place from a makeshift setup because I have a rambunctious kitten who thinks everything is edible and/or a kitty toy.

The filing cabinet and desk I ordered are IDENTICAL to the ones I had when I was in Pittsburgh, which worked fine for eight years. The only reason I didn't bring them was it would have cost more to ship them than replace them.

I was the easiest customer in the world to satisfy - one who already knew firsthand the exact quality of the product I ordered. One who would, as an entrepreneur running a service business, knows full well the concept of "stuff happens" and not always according to original plan.

It was the lies - which I have documented and which I caught them on. They should document my case and turn it into an information product about how to instantly destroy 15 years of customer loyalty in 48 hours by doing nothing.

So, I still need a desk and filing cabinet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2013 07:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Office-Depot/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89128/Office-Depot-Catastrophically-failing-to-deliver-freight-then-lying-about-it-Las-Vegas-N-1099227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Office Depot

Office Depot made it right!

AUTHOR: Adam H - ()

I am happy to say that I did hear from folks at Office Depot and that management intervened to ensure the furniture I ordered arrived.  I've assembled the desk and the filing cabinet and they both came out perfect.

Furthermore, Office Depot made right by me financially and showed me they cared about my business.

It was unfortunate there were so many problems on this order, however on the same token I always rate an experience by when things go right, as well as what is done to make it right when things go wrong.  As a service professional myself I ask the same of my own clients.

Therefore, I officially rejoin the ranks of satisfied Office Depot customers.