Complaint Review: Official Nascar Members Club (ONMC)

• Submitted: Wed, July 28, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, February 06, 2013

• Reported By: Indycoltfan — Franklin Indiana USA
Official Nascar Members Club (ONMC)
PO Box 35587 Greensboro, North Carolina United States of America

Official Nascar Members Club ,ONMC, ONMC Not an official anything NASCAR. Greensboro, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Not so fine print..

*Consumer Suggestion: Possible clauses

*Consumer Comment: Rigorous Standards?

*UPDATE Employee: Setting the Record Straight

This club is coat tailing on NASCAR and probably infringing on NASCAR copyrights.  They charged my credit card $84 for a membership I did not order.  Nothing this club does is approved of or affliated with NASCAR in anyway.  Every place NASCAR is mentioned on their website, the registered trade mark sign is missing, and the official legal name of this rip off is Official Nascar Members Club LLC.  NASCAR is not an LLC.

Stay away from this business.  They are seriously bad news, draggging a great and legitimate organization through the mud and stealing money from hard working folks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2010 04:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Official-Nascar-Members-Club-ONMC/Greensboro-North-Carolina-27425-5587/Official-Nascar-Members-Club-ONMC-ONMC-Not-an-official-anything-NASCAR-Greensboro-Nort-627226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Official Nascar Members Club (ONMC)

Not so fine print..

AUTHOR: NJchickinMN - (United States of America)

I was just going to order a track bag for a friend. I came to ripoffreport to make sure this was a legit company. This was the only complaint I could find...

but if you read the steps in the "quick and easy checkout", step 3 under the billing information states "**BONUS GIFT Included with your NASCAR Licensed Merchandise is a Risk Free 30 days as an Official Member of NASCAR. If you are not 100% satisfied with your membership, you may cancel at any time by contacting customer service at 1-877-696-2722.
+Please See Offer Details Below"

You should definitely read everything before you hit submit on anything. There's also a lot of fine print under that submission checkout stating details about it being consent to a 30 day risk free trial membership.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Possible clauses

AUTHOR: A Moody - (United States of America)

Did you receive the flags you so ordered? If yes, then was there any documentation included like a welcome brochure or something which could have tipped you off about this impending charges?

Rigorous Standards?

AUTHOR: rdubrey - (United States of America)

I am curious what these rigorous standards are.   I am trying to rack my brain to remember where in the world I signed up to be a member of this club.   I know for a fact I would have never signed up knowingly knowing the cost.   I think it was an email I got that said "Hey, get a Nascar car flag for your favorite driver!"   I was like okay, that's cool  and all they said they were going to charge was $2 for shipping so I thought that was a great little deal.  So I take it there must have been some really fine print because I don't remember but I signed up two of these little flags and low and behold 2 $84 charges on my account appeared today !!!  How convenient.   I can tell you this, it is misleading and dishonest to do business that way.   I didn't even know there was a Nascar Members Club until I saw these two charges showed up on my account so tell me that isn't deceptive business practice.   I also won't be paying for it either.  I will put a dispute in and probably add to the many disputes this account will get with the credit card company for putting these charges on people without their explicit knowledge.

Setting the Record Straight

AUTHOR: Ron Lemasters Jr. - (United States of America)

In response to this report, I would like to state that the ONMC is, in fact, a licensee of NASCAR and as such has the right to use the NASCAR bar logo in any of our various programs. We are the licensed official fan arm of NASCAR. As for stealing money, I'm not sure what you mean, but suffice it to say we have rigorous standards that are followed when acquiring members with very transparent billing and opt-out clauses. In short, if you sign up for a free trial, you are not billed the full amount until the 31st day. If you opt out before this, you are not charged. If you pass Day 31 and are billed, there is an additional 30-day opt-out period. If you have further questions, please contact the ONMC at (877) 696-2722.