Gods

• Updated: Thu, February 24, 2011

• Reported By: Emily Li — Caborro North Carolina United States of America
ohare phone
8884519635 chicago, Illinois United States of America

ohare phone "ohare phone" charged me $35 dollars for a 2-minute call chicago, Illinois

I was at the Chicago o'hare airport and my cell phone was dead. I used the payphone at the airport to call my husband at Iowa. It is clearly indicated on the phone that the fee is 1 dollar for 4 minutes. I placed first call with 1 dollar and it worked fine. Then I remembered something and I placed another call. Since out of quarters I used my credit card. Recently I got my credit card bill, it is $35 for that 2-minute call! All is listed on the bill is "ohare phone" and a toll free number. I called the airport and was told they have no information of the payphone company. I called the toll free number and was "explained" the extra fee for the use of credit card. When I asked why this is not indicated on the phone other than 1 dollar for 4 minutes, I was offered $10 credit. When I asked the name of the payphone company I was told "telecom".

Is this legal for them to operate a business like this? I'll tell all the people I know or meet, never use the payphone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2011 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ohare-phone/chicago-Illinois-/ohare-phone-ohare-phone-charged-me-35-dollars-for-a-2-minute-call-chicago-Illinois-699503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ohare phone