butter

• Updated: Thu, November 07, 2013

• Reported By: TellinItLikeItIs — St. Augustine Florida
Old City Design Center
1685 US 1 South St Augustine, Florida USA

Old City Design Center I am a well qualified, experienced manager that had my talent and dignity taken for granted by this fool Saint Augustine Florida

After a hard weeks worth of work in 2012, my very first pay check bounced.  I gave Rick Hersey (owner) the benefit of the doubt and he told me that the check was accidentally written from an account that had been closed.  He gave me cash to cover the check.  No big deal, right?  Next week, my bank tells me that the NEXT CHECK written from a totally different bank has also bounced.  Rick had no explanation for this, he simply gave me cash to cover the check's amount.  I asked the shop foreman, Dan, if this was common.  He had a good laugh and told me to get smart...."cash your checks at Publix or a liquor store" were his exact words.  My next two paychecks from a totally separate account (written from some dba of Old City Deisgn) bounced and caused my bank to freeze my account.  To make a long story short, I had to go through the Florida State Attorney to collect my due pay (plus bank fees)  Fast forward to the next years' tax season...I tried to file taxes for 2012's earnings.  To my dismay, late into February, I had not received a 1099 or any other form of tax documentation.  Rick AND his office staff swore that it had been mailed.  Then, I receive a W-2 from a company that processed Rick's payroll claiming that they had payed me $150.00 that I had never seen.  I asked his bank for the check and they gladly produced to me a copy of a check with my name forged on the back.  Of course I confronted Rick immediately and he bullied me into a corner of his showroom and assured me that if I went back to the State Attorney, he would visit my home and harm my family.  He then *loudly* rushed me out of the office building, called the Sheriff and made a false claim that I was a "disgruntled ex-employee" threatening him in his office.  He placed an arrest restraint on me if I come back to the store again and to this day, guess what?.......no tax document.  Oh well, I have his FEIN and still paid the IRS my due taxes with his number Federal ID # attached.  This man deserves jail time.  SCUM BAG.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2013 08:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Old-City-Design-Center/St-Augustine-Florida-32084/Old-City-Design-Center-I-am-a-well-qualified-experienced-manager-that-had-my-talent-and-1097804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Old City Design Center