Complaint Review: Old Republic Home Protection

• Submitted: Mon, June 17, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2008

• Reported By:SAN MARCOS CA
Old Republic Home Protection
P.O. Box 5017 San Ramon, Colorado U.S.A.

Old Republic Home Warranty Old Republic Home Protection little is actually covered, horrible customer service phone system San Ramon California

*Consumer Comment: Charlie needs to relax...

*Consumer Comment: dealer screwed up and took his own sweet time, but had their act together

*UPDATE Employee: Whats Linda's point?

*Consumer Comment: Indpendent Contractor

*UPDATE Employee: Old Republic Network Contractor

*Consumer Comment: Resolve this particular problem

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Charlie, San Diego

I bought a second home in Phoenix in September 2001, and have had 2 problems that should be covered by a home warranty:

1) Air Conditioner that doesn't cool
2) Fountain in back yard leaks

On the fountain, the CSR literally laughed at me when I tried to submit a claim. I laughed with her...she was a complete b***h who will forever be making $12/hour. God bless her.

I've called at least 10 times about the air conditioner, and when I actually get through, I talk to a nicer CSR who says they'll send someone out. What they don't say is that the contractors they work with are LOSERS. They also don't tell you that Old Republic is the last priority for these LOSERS, so you'll be sitting in sweltering heat for 2 days waiting for an A/C tech (aka LOSER) to show up and tell you "you're leaking freon". I literally had to pay the $40 fee for two bozos to come out and tell me "the system is undercharged with freon" and then the next week "the system is overcharged with freon". Now, fast forward to this summer, and ENTIRELY NEW BOZOs come over to tell me that it's a problem with the coil. Great, get me a new coil.

Oh no, it isn't that simple...

That takes a call to Old Republic's "authorization" department...which must be the single most understaffed call center in the country. I've called these jackballs 4 times in the past two days. I'm patient, I wait for 16 minutes listening to stupid tricks like "to clean your grill, leave it on your grass overnight".

Unfortunately, their hold system automatically disconnects you after 16 minutes.

On the nose.

No more music.

No more stupid tips I've listened to for 15 minutes.

This really sucks. No one will give me their name and extension. I can't complain...they seem to have no supervisors or managers. They don't give a crap about me.

REALTORS: Old Republic SUCKS...don't waste your clients' money on them!!!

Charlie
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2002 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Old-Republic-Home-Protection/San-Ramon-Colorado-94583-0917/Old-Republic-Home-Warranty-Old-Republic-Home-Protection-little-is-actually-covered-horrib-22899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Old Republic Home Protection

Charlie needs to relax...

AUTHOR: Mel - (U.S.A.)

Charlie if the contractor could have showed up and made the world stand still would you have been happy?

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Purchase a 2002 truck with an extended warranty from Old Republic. Sold it off 1 month ago. A dealer told me about getting a partial refund on the warranty. Turned in the paperwork to the dealer. Contacted Old Republic rep. who did a fine job. The dealer screwed up and took his own sweet time, over a month but the rep. helped me on it and lit a fire under the dealer. Now, I know this isn't on home warranties but Old Republic's car warranty dept. had their act togeather. He called me back ASAP every time.

Whats Linda's point?

AUTHOR: Mel - (U.S.A.)

Not sure how to read Linda's point ...

Open up the phone book and call us we'll tell you the facts Old Republic is one of the best Home Warranty Protection Companies out there!

Indpendent Contractor

AUTHOR: Diane - (U.S.A.)

As an Indepedent Contractor who has done work for
Old Republic's customers, I have to say, if you have, before you buy any home warranty, go to the phone book, call some plumbers, a/c services, etc. ask them who does Old Republic's work in town, call them and ask if they would buy the service.

Old Republic Network Contractor

AUTHOR: Mel - (U.S.A.)

Our company provides heating & air conditioning service for Old Republic Home Protection Company.

My experience has been that ORHP has their customers concerns for their heating & air conditions needs 1st priority. Like any buisness it only takes a few of many to undermine the hard work and proffessionalism of so many hard working network contractors and CSR's.

ORHP like many consumers service oriented companies get it 10 fold during a heat wave or cold snap. Ever wait 5,10,15 minutes for a utility company ? We work day in day out in sweltering,sometimes freezing conditions, there isn't anything glamorous about being a service technician.

For you and others that may read this post... When calling your warranty company if you have urgent needs, discuss them with the CSR and request same day service if avaialble. If the contractor hasn't called you within a few hours, call the warranty company back and advise them you have not been contacted. This will expedite the contractors response.

As a home warranty contractor as high a 60% of our no heat and cooling calls are a direct result from simple lack of maintenance and could be prevented by an annual professional service of your hvac equipment.

Not only will the service thwart a failure but will increase the equipments life and efficency.

Not all Home Warranty Contractors are b***s, many of us climb out of bed n the middle of the night after working 8-12 hours all day to help someone who can't wait till morning. Sometimes it's a thankless job but for the most part I will tell you were out there putting smiles on our customers faces!

I do hope to read a follow up on your situation.

Mel Damron, AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Resolve this particular problem

AUTHOR: Vanessa - (U.S.A.)

Well, now that a claims manager has addressed this, i hope the problem will be fixed by them as they admitted fault. Please let us know.....

Response to Charlie, San Diego

AUTHOR: Gary Vistalli - (U.S.A.)

May 9, 2003

C/O Rip-Off report.com

Charlie, San Diego, CA:

This letter is in regard to the letter you posted July 25, 2002.

On behalf of Old Republic Home Protection and its' employees, please accept our sincere apology for the experiences you related in regard to an air conditioning service call last summer.

Old Republic Home Protection, like other home warranty companies, use independent companies to service Plan holders. Although efforts are made to obtain highly qualified licensed contractors that can provide excellent customer service, occasionally circumstances occur which do allow us to provide the level of service Old Republic Home Protection or its' Plan holders consider acceptable.

I can assure you, Old Republic is committed to take whatever steps are necessary to provide the level of service our Plan holders want and deserve.

Old Republic values the trust each of our Plan holders place in us to resolve their service requests in a timely and professional manner.

I agree we did not provide the level of service you deserve as a customer of Old Republic.

Old Republic employees are committed to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, and when we fail, steps are taken to review what went wrong and implement improvement.

Respectfully,