Complaint Review: Olson Shaner

• Updated: Tue, January 21, 2014

• Reported By: Stella — Bountiful Utah
Olson Shaner
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Olson Shaner Chip Shaner Was sent to collect a debt of $300 and now is charging over $1100 and trying to garnish wages after I tried to make a new payment plan with them Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Comment: ...

I have been dealing with Olson Shaner since Sept 2013. I was set up on a payment plan. I made the initial payment 4 days late and then they contacted me again. I let them know I had lost my job at the end of September and that I had just received a new job in November and I was able to start on the payment plan again.

They informed me that I was not able to make another payment plan since I defaulted on the first. They told me it would be going back to court and the judge would decide what to do. I have now received a letter from my employer that they will be garnishing my wages.

This company is making it impossible to do what is right, paying off a small amount at a time and they are requesting over 3x the original amount that they were asked to collect on. I work with collection agencies and I have never seen one this horrible. I fell on hard times and am not in a position where I can pay back these services at the moment and they are disgusting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2014 05:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Olson-Shaner/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84110/Olson-Shaner-Chip-Shaner-Was-sent-to-collect-a-debt-of-300-and-now-is-charging-over-110-1117392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Olson Shaner

...

AUTHOR: Jenny91 - (USA)

I received an outrageous bill for hundreds of dollars in lawyer fees and a court summons for a couple of Library books. This was the first time I was made aware that they hadn't been returned. I am interested in hiring a lawyer for a class action suit against Olson Shaner. They are definitely shady. Is this something you would be interested in joining? Thank you.