Complaint Review: Olympia Gym LLC

• Updated: Thu, January 02, 2014

• Reported By: Pedro — tucson Arizona
Olympia Gym LLC
700 W. Prince suite 150 Tucson AZ 85705 tucson, Arizona USA

Olympia Gym LLC Poor management, crazy hours, unauthorized credit card billing tucson Arizona

My wife and I signed up for this gym and the space was great, with lots of equipment. Soon after the gym was split in half, and they started a thrift store in the main area! They got rid of the majority of the equipment, decorated the place with old/used clothing and crappy furniture and left a small corner for the gym area. Of couse they continue to charge the same amount, but offering only 1/3 of the gym equipment that was there the day i signed up. I mentioned to the owner my intention to cancel my membership and he said he would not charge me the cancellation fee if I wanted to leave. I decided to give it a try for another week, and then saw online that my credit card was charged 6 times in December  without any special reason. I called the gym and the owner Howard Beck told me he would fiz the computer glitch. After 5 days that I called my credit was charged again and I contacted my credit card company to claim a dispute. I also called the gym and the owner got really mad that I wanted to cancel my membership, calling me a M$%^^er. I told him I would file complaints online and write to a newspaper and web sites. He promised/threatened to sue me for speaking up about my case! He also said that he never promised me to waive the cancellation fee and asked me to prove it. Whne he mentioned that his gym records video and sound I told him that he should have our conversation, since it did happen. Do not sign up there. His gym is for sale on craigslist, he is telling people that it is because of health issues. For me, personally, he told me that he is renting the space next door and expanding the gym!! The facebook page is cancelled, and they have changed it at least once. The personnel was always poorly trained. I will continue to complain about this gym and how rude Howard Beck is. Worst gym owner I have ever met.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2014 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Olympia-Gym-LLC/tucson-Arizona-85705/Olympia-Gym-LLC-Poor-management-crazy-hours-unauthorized-credit-card-billing-tucson-Ari-1112299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Olympia Gym LLC