Complaint Review: Omega Stores

• Updated: Mon, September 09, 2013

• Reported By: Dar — East Dubuque Illinois
Omega Stores
30 North Plains Industrial Road, Wallingford, Connecticut USA

Omega Stores, Monica LLC, Gabor Smatka, Monica Kovacs Smatka sold us a defective electric trike, did not give us the lithium battery we paid $249.50 extra for, does not abide by their web site warranty on returns Wallingford Connecticut

We purchased an electric trike for my 82 year old husband.  We received a threatening type letter in the mail prior to it arriving, telling us, do not refuse this box, even if it looks like the guy kicked it.  The trike is defective workmanship.

The fenders are misaligned, the basket is crooked and the lid does not fit right, the seat would not stay up.  It kept sliding down no matter how tight we made the bolt.  It does not appear to have the power booster that we paid $289.50 extra for.   It definitely does not have the lithium battery we paid $249.50 for.  It leans to the right so he cannot ride it.

I do not feel comfortable on it and neither does either of my daughters who are 53 and 55 years old and both very physically active.  They could barely make it back to our driveway which is literally level, and it was supposed to have a power booster.

They told me collect from UPS for the damages and send Omega the money and they will send parts.  UPS did not damage this. It was manufactured this way.  Omega will not accept this.

The website said we could return in  90 days if it was not suitable, that they would send a shipping label.   However they will not send a label and the booklet inside the box with the trike said, cannot return.

I see other people have had the same problems with them sending it out with a regular lead battery, no power, no return, charging them extra.

I am hoping I can get my $2000.00 back and no other people get scammed by them. They need to pay up and be put out of business.

They would not accept a credit card.  It had to be a check. That was a red flag as your credit card company will stand behind your purchases, and your check is gone!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2013 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omega-Stores/Wallingford-Connecticut-06492/Omega-Stores-Monica-LLC-Gabor-Smatka-Monica-Kovacs-Smatka-sold-us-a-defective-electric-1083077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omega Stores