Complaint Review: Omni Dual Saw

• Updated: Mon, December 27, 2010

• Reported By: Steve — San Diego California United States of America
Omni Dual Saw
7850 Ruffner Ave Van Nuys, California United States of America

Omni Dual Saw Bogus Gift Card incentive. They offered $150 gift card. Instead, they want me to mail my receipts to a third party, maximum $25 per month, for six months. Van Nuys, California

*Author of original report: Omni's free magazine offer is not free

*Author of original report: Refund was prompt

After seeing the Dual Saw advertised on TV, I called the 800 number for more information, but decided not to buy because it was too expensive.  They called me the next day offering to give me a $150 gift card that I could use at The Home Depot (and other retailers) plus a $25 gift card to offset the shipping and handling fee.  What I actually got was a pass code that allows me to mail my receipts from The Home Depot, -- up to $25-worth of receipts each month -- for four months, which would net me a total of $100 -- not the $175 they promised.  In return for the reciepts, they would mail me a $25 gift card each month, useable at the same retailer. Talk about having to jump through hoops!  Plus, I've dealt with these redemption centers numerous times and more often than not, they won't send you your redemption unless you nag and threaten them.

Finally, Dual Saw over-charged me on the sales tax, and they won't refund the shipping and handling, so even though I'm returning the tool, they still made about forty bucks, and I'm losing forty bucks plus the cost of shipping the tool back to them. I'm just shipping it today, so it will be interesting to see if they actually refund my money.  The lesson is, don't buy from a fringe company. Stick to those you can trust like Amazon, Sears, Home Depot, etc.  And make sure you understand the details about any rebate offer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2010 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omni-Dual-Saw/Van-Nuys-California-91406/Omni-Dual-Saw-Bogus-Gift-Card-incentive-They-offered-150-gift-card-Instead-they-want-659596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omni Dual Saw

Omni's free magazine offer is not free

AUTHOR: Steve in San Diego - (United States of America)

Omnis free magazine offer will cost you dearly. How do I know this? Read on. A month after I returned my Omni Dual Saw, I find that my credit card has been dinged $36 for a subscription to Motor Trend magazine. When I called Motor Trend to cancel, they referred me to Radius Media Group at 888-293-4018. When I called Radius, I discovered that I also now have subscriptions to Car & Driver, Esquire, and Harpers. (I had chosen only two, which were supposed to be free.) I checked out Radiuss website. Heres a quote: Radius creates customized programs that fits seemlessly within our marketing partner's customer transaction paths. This helps them increase their revenue per order ratio, reduce expenses and/or unearth new revenue streams.In other words, Omni makes money whether they sell you a Dual Saw or not.

Refund was prompt

AUTHOR: Steve in San Diego - (United States of America)

I must give them credit for promptly refunding the purchase price. As for the quality of the tool, while I only used it briefly to see if it worked as advertised, I must admit it easily sliced through 3/16" steel plate.  The only obvious flaw is the blade guard (which works the same way as the guard on a skill saw) is plastic and seems rather flimsy, however on the T.V. ad, where they show the tool being used, the guard has been removed. And I can understand why, since the guard just gets in the way and makes the tool awkward to use. Apparently they assume that most users will remove the guard, so there's no point in spending the money on a metal one. AS FOR PRICE, YOU CAN BUY THE CRAFTSMAN VERSION OF THIS TOOL FROM SEARS FOR ABOUT $60 LESS.