Complaint Review: Omni Services

• Reported By: Kd71198 — Charlotte North Carolina
Omni Services
PO Box 1346 Gainesville, Texas USA

Omni Services DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM Gainesville Texas

I just wanted to file a complaint against Omni Services. On December 17th, I had a call transferre to me, in regards to an office supply company offering very reduced prices, but since I am usually in charge of ordering the supplies she felt more comfortable with me handling the call. I spoke with a woman by the name of Taylor who works for a company by the name of Omni Services out of Gaindsville, Texas. She stated that her the company was going out of business to merge with another company so they were liquidating their inventory. She went through her list of items, and led me to falsely believe that these items were drastically cheaper than any supplies that we typically order from staples or office depot, etc. (For example she stated that a highlighters that come in a pack of 12 were $0.39 a piece, leading me to believe they were $0.39 per 12 not per highlighter) I told her that we would be interested in a number of items. I informed her that I would need approval before placing the order, to which she stated that she would send me an itemized list of the things we discussed along with the items at no cost and we would be invoiced later for the supplies and anything that we did not want or need could be returned. I never agreed on a price or authorized anything. Yesterday, I received 7 boxes of supplies, still with no price. I called at 3:45 pm yesterday, when I returned to my office after a meeting and found the pile of boxes in my office and had to leave a message. After leaving a message, I got a slight uneasy feeling and decided to google Omni Services out of Texas and found a variety of Ripoff Reports, negative reviews, and scam allegations about the company. I then called the company around 4pm and was able to speak with the sales representative Taylor and explained my uneasy feeling. She stated that she would have the corporate office send our invoice over first thing this morning, and also stated that we did not need to keep anything that we did not want. I did not get a fax first thing this morning, and called the number I had around 10am, to which I left a voicemail, and was told I would get a call back by the next business day. Finally around 4:30 this afternoon, I received the faxed invoice which totaled $3297.75. Since receiving the fax, I have called the company 3 more times and left two voicemails. I have also located an email address, which I have written to in order to attempt to rectify the situation. I have been informed by our business manager not to use any of the materials, call them on Monday and demand that because we never agreed on a price, and I never authorized the transaction, that we will not pay for the goods, and that we will keep the goods until they pay to have them sent back. I will continue to attempt to contact the company, but want to file a complaint so that others don't fall victim to this scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2014 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omni-Services-/Gainesville-Texas-76241/Omni-Services-DO-NOT-ORDER-FROM-THEM-Gainesville-Texas-1112738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omni Services