• Report: #1019306

Complaint Review: OmniTech Support | Ripoff Report Verified Safe™ ..businesses you can trust. Commitment to customer satisfaction. Seamless protection with state of the art technology – that's what Omni Tech promises customers. Helped over 50,000 individual clients with technical support issues each year.

• Submitted: Sat, February 23, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, May 23, 2013

• Reported By: Corey — Sammamish Washington United States of America
OmniTech Support
6380 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1610 Los Angeles, CA Los Angeles, California United States of America

OmniTech Support REVIEW: OmniTech Support clients, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with Omni Tech Support . “Omni Tech Support has a relentless commitment to client satisfaction, regardless of the efforts required to achieve it.” Commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, ..A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction & confidence when doing business. Omnitech has helped people all across the USA, Canada solved over 1,000,000 issues. Los Angeles , Californa
*UPDATE:Omni Tech Support recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to OmniTech Support for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Omni Tech Support have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. Omni Tech Support has worked hard to improve customer service to ensure that all clients will be satisfied with their online tech support plans and join the hundreds of thousands of customers that are satisfied with Omni Tech Support’s service. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Omni Tech Support listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.
Armstrong Steel is Rip-off Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified™ .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

The information provided in this report is based on comments made by Mark Haverman, Shiymy Bayer, and Dominque Porche-Goode during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Customer Focus Services.

Customer Focus Service’s (CFS) target market is anyone with a computer that is trying to use it primarily for work purposes that are having problems or issues needing to be resolved which stops them from being able to accomplish tasks. The company has been providing technical support for large corporations and companies. They feel they are very skilled at solving large issues as they have been in business for over 12 years. CFS states they have resolved close to half a million issues which provides their strong expertise and development of a deep knowledge base of issues that can be resolve over that period of time.

The typical experience that a customer may experience when working with CFS starts when the client calls in about a technical problem. The client will then explain the issue and CFS will describe how to fix the problem and how much it will cost. The company then sends the client an agreement of this term which is to be signed and sent back. From there, the company works with customers to fix problems. If for some reason CFS cannot fix the problem they will refund the customer’s money and tell them where the next best place to get the item fixed.

Most of the company’s advisement in products and services is handled in the sales department. They are trained to see symptoms and know what can be done to fix issues but are not trained to do them in that department. The sales department knows general things like if X is happening then Y would usually be the answer and they’ll recommend that. CFS has all the reps ask them if everything has been resolved during the course of working with the client. They take notes during the conversation and have the reps go through each point to ask them if there is anything else they can do. The company recently started sending out a survey to everyone after they have spoken with them. It is about 10-12 question survey asking all different aspects of their experience such as: How quickly was the issue resolved? Was the issue resolved to your satisfaction? How knowledgeable was the rep you spoke to? How would you rate them? Do you have any comments? The company states they are constantly asking the customer for feedback, what their thoughts are and what they want them to do. They ask the customer what they want and if it is in reason the company tries to accommodate the request.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM OMNITECH SUPPORT.

Omni Tech Support has taken step to improve our customer service by hiring a team of expert customer service personal that work right here, with the CEO, in the corporate office. This enables us to see directly into what issues customers are bringing to our attention and we can roll out the necessary improvements and changes with moments notice, as the heads of the team work in the same office as the management.

In working with customers to make sure they understand their purchases, the company feels they have developed a pretty solid system. When the customer signs up, CFS sends them the terms of service and anything relevant to what they offer. Additionally, the company sends them an ecosign summarizing what they are paying for (the price, what is included, etc.) and the customer has to sign and send it back. After that is completed, the company will then work on their computer. The customer has to acknowledge they know what the company is doing and they agree with the charges.

Customer Focus Services wants to be able to cut the time it takes to resolve an issue. Mark Haverman stated, “Many times a customer’s computer is slow or there are issues with the computer speed or the Internet speed and we are constantly looking for ways to decrease the amount of time it takes to diagnose the issue and to resolve the issue. To that effect we are increasing our knowledge base to make sure that the agent tech support has the most current information about that issue and the fastest way to fix that. There’s still improvement to be made when our tech support is having trouble so instead of having a technician to sit there and try to work it out their self, we escalate it to a higher level much quicker. We’re investing in automated tools that will help fix the issues. There are a number of initiatives that we are in the process of that will reduce the amount of time it will take to resolve the issue. That is probably our number one thing that we need to do as an organization in order to provide a better level of service to our customers.”

The company states when resolving complaints it is taking too long to fix an issue. To remedy this, CFS basically focuses on the issue, is thorough and acts as quick as possible. They feel they actually have a knowledge base that lends to anytime anything is ever happened in any computer and was resolved successfully its added to their knowledge base. When a customer contacts the company they can discover what the problem is so that the lower tier technicians will look through the knowledge base and see what works to try first. The company is working to speed up their processes.

Dominque Porche-Goode recalled an instance of working with a customer stating. “We had somebody from Canada who we connected his computer but his computer was painfully slow so we couldn’t run scans. We had him send his computer to us and we paid for his shipping. We tried to fix his computer here but it was so badly infected so we bought him a new laptop. He wasn’t satisfied in the beginning because it was taking too long and the techs were telling him his computer wasn’t working fast enough to have it scanned.”

Since the company has received complaints through Ripoff Report, they have started sending out surveys. Additionally, they have been following up with customers closer to when they have been escalated. The company also notes they have been taking a lot of inbound calls in their corporate office. If a customer calls the main line and it is not resolved right away they will take it in the corporate office. The difference between their office and the other office is that they can do whatever we need to in their corporate office.

Customer Focus Services feels the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program commits to certain standards of how to deal with customers by making sure that important issues are dealt with appropriately. The company states they resolve the issues for customers or we provide them with a refund and have a number of different 24/7 customer service and support reps if they have an issue we get it resolved quickly. Mark Haverman stated “The CAP program is our commitment to following Ripoff Report’s guidelines of providing our customers a quality experience.”

Within the company’s upper management they state that they want every customer satisfied. Mark Havermen mentions, “Sometimes we cannot resolve the issue and the customer still has an issue that is beyond our capability. In that case we issue a full refund but there can be a situation where the customer still has a problem and we can’t help them. We refer them out to an offsite technician or the manufacturer and tell them we try to do whatever we can do to make the customer satisfied whether it is a full refund or a gift certificate. There have been times where we paid for the shipping for them to send the computer to our office to fix. We try to do whatever we can do to satisfy the customer within our abilities. We have learned the speed of resolution is really important and having 24/7 customer service is important. We definitely have learned things from the feedback we are getting and we have definitely built a better business from it.”

Omni Tech Support / Statements from the owner.

Omni Tech Support has grown exponentially in the past few years to become one of the leading online tech support companies available. We have also doubled and trippled our efforts to be the best provider of 3rd party support for Microsoft products, and offer ongoing training and tips to both our staff and clients alike to ensure that the highest level of support is always available. Omni Tech Support is committed to cutting edge technology; by hiring an executive R&D department that tests the latest and greatest in tech support, we ensure that everything we do is cutting edge and will help our clients to the best of our ability.

Omni Tech Support's service team have expressed that they feel very confident doing their job. The project manager at Omni stated "The research and development team is absolutely amazing. We can login in the morning to the ever growing K-Base and find hundreds of updated articles, service materials and references that we didn’t see the previous day. With support at the level, it is understandable why we are referred to as experts.”

"Satisfying a customer’s expectations to our best ability is the best sign of growing success". Some of the other things Ripoff Report learned in the course of its investigation: typical customer feedback reads: “Omni Tech Support truly communicate all aspects of the job in a timely and effective manner. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that he and his employees show us. They are serious about meeting commitments, and deliver on all their promises."

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with the CEO of Omni Tech Support, and many of his past and current associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that Omni Tech Support is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, it’s a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer .. OmniTech Support technical staff did just that with no problem.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

---------------------------------------

OmniTech Support deceptive sales, lying, witholding information, strong arming, fear tactics, refusing to refund Los Angeles, California

I have a Sony laptop that's past the warranty period. Went to their site for "support" - which is apparently handled by OmniTech. Was told that issues I was dealing with were due to the fact that I had "failed to optimize" the computer regularly. Was told that I could purchase 1 year of 24/7 support for $300. Said I didn't have $300 - did they have a per case option? Question of case support was ignored no matter how many times I asked. Was told there was NO other payment option, no plan less than 1 year. When I was about to leave the "chat" was offered a $100 discount after the tech "spoke with a supervisor" and that the discount was generated "just for YOU." Asked again for lower price, paying for only a month or two, etc. Nothing. Also asked what I would need to do for a full refund should I not be satisfied. Was told over and over that "it's no problem." Was finally told that if a tech were to help me with the two issues that I presented (only) that the rate would be about $150. Needing the two issues fixed, it seemed clear I needed to shell out the $199.

I was strong-armed and lied to.

Purchased the plan. Next day did more research and discovered that $199 is a published rate and that there are several different payment options including low-cost, short term help and case-by-cast help (for up to 5 issues) for a third of what I was quoted.

I have been trying to get a refund now for 2 days. They are avoiding refunding with all kinds of lame tactics including: saying that there's a technical problem and they can't talk, giving me wrong numbers to call, giving me wrong names of people to call and simply putting me off over and over again. They have said that I should have a refund within 2-3 days. We'll see.

This company feels as though it's being run by delinquent tweens. In this day and age, it's hard to believe that they could get away with this. It's imperative that people be able to trust the people working on their computers. Trust is the LAST thing this company deserves. Sony should not be under contract with them, and nether should you. Avoid OmniTech like the plague.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2013 08:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/omnitech-support-omni-tech-support-1019306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OmniTech Support

Customer update - More deceit from the company...

AUTHOR: CHCL73 - ()

Yes, I was given a refund after I contacted the company several times. I am satisfied with that aspect of the resolution.

However, I am NOT satisfied with the continued deception of this company, even in their rebuttal.

Let's take a look at the FULL and UNEDITED (spelling corrected) script and you can see where I was lied to and pressured. I ask repeatedly for other lower cost options, or less than 12 month options and am told there are NONE.

Here, you can clearly see there is a 3 month option: http://www.omnitechsupport.com/cj/services/feestructure/all_packages.php

I ask for a per-problem fee repeatedly and am not given one for almost 20 minutes. When I finally am given the rate it is higher and completely off base from the advertised rate online (I discovered this the next day when I visit this link: http://www.omnitechsupport.com/cj/services/feestructure/all_packages.php). According to the link, I could have had 5 issues resolved for 79.99.

When I'm about to leave, I'm then offered a $100 discount that was created "just for YOU" and it's "the best plan we have ever offered." The sales person also tries to convince me that both of the issues that I presented (webcam and DVD) are due to "poor maintenance and lack of optimization" and that I need their services monthly moving forward.

(Script begins after the initial situation is assessed)

4:43 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Let me now offer you a Plan where you can keep your computer safe and secure throughout the year.

4:43 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: May I go ahead?

4:43 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: yes tell me

4:43 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: We have a very popular System Uptime Assurance Plan, where youll get UNLIMITED technical sessions + 12 System Optimization sessions (required for fine-tuning and assuring 100 % uptime of your system).

4:43 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: The best part is that, we support all computer related issues like Microsoft Office, Windows updates, virus, performance, wireless connectivity, printers, drivers and all other third party software related issues.

4:44 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: All of this for just $299.99 for the year!!

4:44 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Thats it! Your entire computer related issues will be taken care for one complete year.

4:44 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Once you sign up, you wouldnt need to spend a single dollar more for any computer related issues for the complete year and you don't need to keep any other security along with our service.

4:44 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: There will be no additional or hidden charges.

4:44 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Please let me know your thoughts.

4:44 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Is there a monthly plan?

4:45 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Currently, we do not have a monthly payment option.

4:45 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: This is a one time payment for the whole one year.

4:45 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Once you sign up, you need not to pay anything for our service for the complete 1 year.

4:46 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: That's too bad. I really can't afford $300 right now. Plus, if the computer is not fixed, I can't keep it. I need the webcam for work on a weekly basis.

4:46 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: What are other options?

4:47 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Alright, please stay online for a moment while I check for any installments on the annual plan for you.

4:47 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: ok

4:48 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Thanks for waiting, Corey.

4:48 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: ok

4:49 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: I just had a check with my
Supervisor.

4:49 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: You can just pay $159.99 to activate the annual plan of $299.99 and pay the remaining $140 in next 4 months.

4:49 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: I'm sure this would really
work out for you.

4:52 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Well, I SO appreciate you looking into this for me. I just don't see how I can commit to paying this without knowing that I'm not going to need a new computer. It's really too bad that Sony can't charge a monthly fee like Mozy or other sites...

4:53 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, let me inform you that all these issues have occurred due to poor maintenance and lack of optimizations; we'll make sure that the computer is performing at its PEAK.

4:53 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Let me inform also you that the you can always transfer the service plan to any of your other Windows based computers without any additional cost.

4:55 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, no one knows Sony computers better than us as we are the manufacturers and expert technicians trained by Sony itself.

4:55 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Ok, there are three issues here. The first is that I need help now to get these essential pieces working correctly. The second thing is optimization moving forward. The third is having access to technical support (free) from here on out. Right now, I'm worried about how to get my computer working so that I can use it.

4:56 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: And are you sure no extended warrantee was purchased for this computer? It may have been...

4:56 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, please don't worry; we'll make sure that all the issues are resolved completely.

4:57 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: As a senior Tech, I would suggest that you signup for the plan now; if at any time you feel our service is not beneficial to you, we do have refund policy for the same. However, let me assure you that you will be greatly benefited by our services.

5:00 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Is there anyone there who can approve a different payment option? Basically you are asking for $25 a month, which I could possibly do. If you can find a way to bill me once a month and I'm able to cancel anytime (i.e. if my system is not fixed and I have to go buy another laptop, which may not be a Sony), then I could agree. Might this be
possible?

5:01 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: If you are able to help me and my system is optimized from here on out, then it will be worth every penny.

5:01 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Please understand, I've recently had a computer nightmare with this laptop. I wasn't able to work for 6 weeks due to Outlook issues.

5:02 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, I'm really sorry to inform you that we don't have a option of billing monthly.

5:02 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: However, you need not have to purchase a new computer as we'll make sure that all the issues are resolved completely.

5:02 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: The best part of our service plan is that you can always transfer the service plan to any of your other Windows based computers irrespective of their manufacturers without any additional cost.

5:02 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Once you sign-up, I will install a HELP icon on the desktop of your computer, so that you can just click on it to get connected with us.

5:03 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: You need not have to worry, we'll optimize the computer in such way that it'll perform at its PEAK and make sure that these kind of issues will never occur in the future.

5:05 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Well, I'm just not sure the x-fer would do me any good. {Removed for privacy reasons}  If I need to get a new laptop, given the problems I've had, I may end up getting a mac and therefore my $300 would have
gone to waste. I really do want to work this out with you, and NEED to get my DVD player and webcam working. What is the pay-per case charge?

5:05 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, let me inform you that we are the only authorized remote support provider for the Sony VAIO computers; let me show you.

5:08 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: yes, I see that. That's of value to me for sure. Still, I have had very bad luck with people insisting they can help and can't or things are far more complicated then they should have been. I just want these issues taken care of first. If they are, I can consider moving forward to protect the system in the future.

5:08 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Is there no pay by case option?

5:09 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, as I've informed that you can always cancel the service plan at any point of time when ever you feel the plan is not useful. We are also ranked A++ by the BBB.

5:09 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Yes, we do have a onetime charge to fix the issue current issues.

5:10 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Can you please refer me to the fine print? If I cancel, do I get my money back? All of it, or just a portion of it? Can I cancel anytime? Need to know the specifics

5:10 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: What is the one-time fee?

5:12 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Yes, Corey; you'll get the money for the service plan which is not used.

5:12 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Sure, you can cancel at any time, we are available 24/7, 365 days a year.

5:12 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: You can just drop a e-mail or call our help line # to cancel the service.

5:12 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Let me show you the refund policy.

5:14 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: But if I pay $159 today and the computer problems are not fixed tonight, or the problems are even worse (like the Outlook files get messed up), what is refunded? You see, right now I don't care about optimization. I care about getting my laptop working. Once things are fixed I'll care about optimization.

5:14 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, please don't worry; if the initial issues are not resolved we'll provide a full refund.

5:14 PM Sony Support- Tech 10 has sent a link:

5:17 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: If you wish to cancel subscription plans (Is the annual $300 fee a "subscription" plan?
Usually subscription plans are billed monthly), you can email or chat with us to unsubscribe. However we will NOT issue a full refund once you cancel. What does this last line mean? Why will you NOT issue a full refund upon cancellation?
That's when I would want it.

5:17 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: it

5:17 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, this refund policy is applicable if the initial issues are fixed; however, if the initial issue remains unsolved; we'll SURELY provide you FULL REFUND.

5:18 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, I'm sorry to inform you that this example given is just to understand the refund policy; however, we don't have any monthly plans.

5:18 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Ok, no matter what you say is the problem? In other words, you could say, "This is not a Sony
issue" therefore it's not our problem this couldn't be fixed.

5:19 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: WHAT is the per issue plan?

5:19 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, please don't worry; we'll fix all the software related issues irrespective of whether it's a Sony or third party applications.

5:20 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: The best part of the service plan is that we resolve issues not only related to Sony VAIO Computer but also issues related to Operating System, Microsoft Office, Networking issues (wired/wireless), Update issues, Virus issues, Printer connectivity issues, other 3rd party Application Software etc.

5:20 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Yes, I see how that would be nice, but I have to worry about first things first.

5:20 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Please do tell me about the pay per issue plan

5:22 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, we charge $49.99 for a driver issue and $69.99 for a software issue and an optimization session would cost you $39.99.

5:22 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: So, it would cost $159.97 to fix all the issues that I've mentioned; however, you can just pay $129.98 to fix these issues.

5:23 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Hence, I would suggest that you opt for the service plan.

5:23 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: In the service plan, you'll not only get the current issues fixed but you'll get UNLIMITED Tech Support for the next 12 months plus 12 optimizations sessions.

5:26 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Tell me again what would happen if we need to revert back to the manufacturer settings... What would happen with Outlook? I just cannot risk having to re-import. Doing so crashed the system of the company that was doing the work - 3 times! I would need to keep Outlook intact. Would this be possible?

5:27 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, please don't worry; we'll perform all the advanced troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

5:28 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: You need not have to worry about the Outlook, we'll make sure that the data with it will be intact and completely safe.

5:29 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Also, we'll not perform the system recovery without your permission.

5:29 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Ok, so would an export/import be required?

5:29 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, it is required to backup the Outlook data only if we perform system recovery.

5:32 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: I understand but the thing is that people don't seem to "get" how big my outlook file is until they are in there and then there's problems. I know you are trying to sell me something but if there's a chance we will need to backup outlook, then export, then import, I'll have to say NO. It took the last team 6 WEEKS to get the information imported. Take a look at the file and you will understand.

5:32 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, in that case; you need not have to worry; we'll not perform the system recovery.

5:33 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: We'll make sure that the issue is resolved without performing the system recovery.

5:33 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, I really understand your concern.

5:34 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Was anything of benefit already done today?

5:34 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: I realize the importance of the Outlook data; so we'll make sure that it is completely safe and secured.

5:35 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Yes, Corey; we have tried to fix the issue in the 15 minutes of FREE support.

5:35 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Right, but where are we with it? Just curious.

5:36 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, we need some more additional time to work on the issue further and make sure it is resolved.

5:36 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Ok, so what happens if I need time to think about this?

5:37 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: In that case; you can just pay a onetime charge to fix the issue, and the upgrade the same to the annual plan at your convenience.

5:38 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, as you are valued Customer; our Supervisor has agreed to provide an AMAZING discount of $100 on the actual cost of the annual plan.

5:38 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: So, all you need to pay for the annual plan would be $199.99; however, this would be a onetime charge and there are no installments on the same.

5:38 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: The $199.99 discounted annual plan includes UNLIMITED tech support sessions + 12 PC optimization sessions for next 12 months.

5:39 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Believe me, this is the best plan we have ever offered.

5:39 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: And all the special offers that I've provided is valid if you can signup in the current session only.

5:40 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Ok, just a moment, please

5:40 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Sure, take your own time; I'll stay online with you.

5:42 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Are you able to direct me to the fine print of what I'm purchasing?

5:42 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, are you referring to the purchase receipt?

5:43 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: No, there must be a page or document with an outline of what this plan looks like, the guarantees, etc. Is there?

5:43 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Sure, you'll receive an detailed e-mail about the service plan that you'll signup in two business days.

5:43 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Yes, let me open the page where you can view the contents of the plan.

5:44 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Honestly, I'm just worried that you're telling me you can help, but that when I have someone new, the story will be different. Not that you are not telling me the truth, but that someone else might not be on the same page.

5:44 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: ok

5:46 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, please don't worry about that all the connections and payment pages that we use are 256-bit encrypted.

5:46 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: The HELP Icon that we install once you signup for the plan will redirect to our senior technicians only who'll be experienced in fixing such issues with high .

5:47 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: ok hang on...

5:47 PM Sony Support- Tech 10 has sent a link:

5:51 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Please go ahead.

5:52 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Selena, I'm curious about why you said the plan was $300 a year and here on the website it says $200 a year.

5:52 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, this is a special discounted offer that was provided exclusively for YOU and the payment link was created just NOW.

5:53 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: L:et me show you the actual cost of the annual plan.

5:54 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: ok, thanks for showing that to me.

5:55 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Alright, please go ahead and signup for the discounted plan so that we can continue working on the issue.

5:56 PM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Can I pause the screen share will I purchase?

5:57 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Sure, Corey; however, the card details that you enter will be encrypted.

: Thanks for the confirmation.

6:02 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: Your plan is valid till 02/21/2014. After that, there is a charge of $14.99 per month for the
subsequent tenure of services.

6:03 PM Sony Support- Tech 10: I would like to inform you that, if you have any issues with our service, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support team. You can contact us through our Telephone Support, available at 1-800-966-9940 (8 am to 2 am Eastern Time).
****

OmniTech Support promplty issued a FULL refund of $199.99. We even did not charge the customer for issue resolution or the cancellation fee which is mentioned in T&C

AUTHOR: OTS - (USA)

As a Sony Tech Premium Support Partner since 2002, were skilled to work on Sony
products related to Software issues, and we are committed to provide excellent,
reliable service at a very low cost to our customers. We always post our plan
charges and services on our website, which is the conduit through which ALL our
customers pass and must review.
This customer was served with professionalism
at every instance, which we can demonstrate because we record every keystroke
of every chat we have with a customer, as well as all steps we undertake in
trouble-shooting and solving a customers issue.

On February 21, 2013 this customer came to chat with two issues Discs are not
playing in the CD/DVD drive (player missing) and webcam. Our technician
checked the issue and then we explained our System Assurance plans and per
issue charges too. As System Assurance plan is more economical, our technician
ONLY suggested signing up for Yearly plan at $199.99 where the customer gets 12
months UNLIMITED Technical support for N number of issue resolutions. We never
forced the customer to agree to anything. Later the customer agreed and paid
$199.99 for Yearly Plan.

Below is the chat transcript where the customer agreed to pay $199.99:

6:50 AM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Please do tell me about the pay per issue plan
6:52 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, we charge $49.99 for a driver issue and $69.99 for a software issue and an optimization session would cost you $39.99.
6:52 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: So, it would cost $159.97 to fix all the issues that I've mentioned; however, you can just pay $129.98 to fix these issues.
6:53 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: Hence, I would suggest that you opt for the service plan.
6:53 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: In the service plan, you'll not only get the current issues fixed but you'll get UNLIMITED Tech Support for the next 12 months plus 12 optimizations sessions.
7:08 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: The $199.99 discounted annual plan includes UNLIMITED tech support sessions + 12 PC optimization sessions for next 12 months.
7:09 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: Believe me, this is the best plan we have ever offered.
7:09 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: And all the special offers that I've provided is valid if you can signup in the current session only.
7:10 AM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Ok, just a moment, please
7:10 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: Sure, take your own time; I'll stay online with you.
7:12 AM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Are you able to direct me to the fine print of what I'm purchasing?
7:12 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, are you referring to the purchase receipt?
7:13 AM Corey Colwell-Lipson: No, there must be a page or document with an outline of what this plan looks like, the guarantees, etc. Is there?
7:13 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: Sure, you'll receive an detailed e-mail about the service plan that you'll signup in two business days.
7:13 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: Yes, let me open the page where you can view the contents of the plan.
7:14 AM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Honestly, I'm just worried that you're telling me you can help, but that when I have someone new, the story will be differnt. Not that you are not telling me the truth, but that someone else might not be on the same page.
7:14 AM Corey Colwell-Lipson: ok
7:16 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, please don't worry about that all the connections and payment pages that we use are 256-bit encrypted.
7:16 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: The HELP Icon that we install once you signup for the plan will redirect to our senior technicians only who'll be experienced in fixing such issues with high .
7:17 AM Corey Colwell-Lipson: ok hang on...
7:17 AM URL push: http://www.omnitechsupport.com/sony/yearly_new_$199.99.html
7:21 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: Please go ahead.
7:22 AM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Selena, I'm curious about why you said the plan was $300 a year and here on the website it says $200 a year.
7:22 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: Corey, this is a special discounted offer that was provided exclusively for YOU and the payment link was created just NOW.
7:23 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: L:et me show you the actual cost of the annual plan.
7:24 AM Corey Colwell-Lipson: ok, thanks for showing that to me.
7:25 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: Alright, please go ahead and signup for the discounted plan so that we can continue working on the issue.
7:26 AM Corey Colwell-Lipson: Can I pause the screen share will I purchase?
7:27 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: Sure, Corey; however, the card details that you enter will be encrypted.
7:28 AM Corey Colwell-Lipson: I see ok, no worries then. And thank you for copying the log
7:31 AM Corey Colwell-Lipson: 418579302
7:31 AM Sony Support- Tech 10: Thanks for the payment, Corey.

After payment was done, the chat got disconnected. We called the customer but it reached
voice mail.

On February 24, 2013 the customer asked for refund. We informed the customer that
it might take 2-3 business days to get the refunded money as it depends on her
issuing Bank process.

On February 25, 2013 the customer came with initial issues and our technician fixed the issue. Then our technician installed HELP icon on the customers computer and requested to get back any time. The customer agreed and confirmed the issue resolution.

Below is the chat where customer confirmed that the issue is resolved:
10:23 AM Sony Support- Tech 23: Dear Corey , you came to us with the issue that the Discs are not playing in the CD/DVD drive and web cam not working.
10:24 AM Sony Support- Tech 23: Now, you have tested and confirmed that the issue is fixed.
10:24 AM Sony Support- Tech 23: Can I take this as a confirmation that the issue is resolved?
10:24 AM Corey Colwell-Lipson: right
10:24 AM Corey Colwell-Lipson: thank you, goodnight
10:24 AM Corey Colwell-Lipson: yes
10:24 AM Sony Support- Tech 23: Thanks for the confirmation, Corey.

After reviewing the case history of the customer on February 25, 2013, we refunded the FULL amount of $199.99.

Below are the refund transaction details:
Transaction Approved.
Auth Code: 419949220
Ref #: 419939197

Then we called the customer and informed about the refund and the customer agreed for the same. We sent a mail with refund transaction details too. (Kayako ID: 979975)

This persons issue was resolved and confirmed in a fair & clean manner, and as the chat transcript shows, we did not forcefully obtain the confirmation. Plus, we resolved the issue for FREE. We never use a dishonest sales tactic or try to avoid giving a refund.

In spite of spending hours on the customers issue, we initiated a FULL refund of $199.99. We even did not charge the customer for issue resolution or the cancellation fee which is mentioned in the Terms & conditions of the Service Plan, which he agreed to. We could have contractually charged the customer but we didnt. We strive to make all of our customers to be happy and satisfied with our
services. We are an organization, where we always try to provide the best services to our customers who truly need our support. We never scam anyone or rip off anyone. Thats simply not our policy.  As OmniTech Support, we have been a Sony Tech Premium Support Partner since 2002 and have earned and maintained an A+ from the Better Business Bureau.