Complaint Review: OmniTrace

• Updated: Fri, May 17, 2013

• Reported By: Unsatisfied Client — Upper Marlboro Maryland
OmniTrace
200 Congress Park Drive Suite 206 Delray Beach, Florida USA

OmniTrace or Ashley Watkins Asked Omnitrace to find a lost friend. Charged $300 for outdated information. Delray Beach Florida

In April, contacted OmniTrace to find a lost friend who previously lived in East Saint Louis, IL. I provided full name, DOB, age and last known address.  I also told them that I believed the person relocated to Saint Louis, MO. I also told them that the person was discharged from the US Marines. They charged me $300.

On April 17,  I received an email from Ashley Watkins. She provided me with an outdated address, which I already found on a free Internet site.  She also provided the person's age and dob, which I had already given OmniTrace. She suggested that I send certified/return receipt letter to the address she provided to see if the person had a forwarding address on file.  If I didn't get a good response, she instructed me to contact them in 90 days and they would run another trace. I sent the mail to the address, but USPS misplaced my letter.  When I put a trace on it, USPS informed me that the address did not exist and that they would attempt to locate the missing mail and return it to me. As of today, I have not yet received the missing mail from USPS, so now I'm out $6.00 in addition to the $300.

I would think that OmniTrace should have been able to provide a current, accurate address or phone number since they claim to have access to information that I am not able to acccess and because I was able to give them quite a bit of information.  Otherwise, why do I need their services?  I believe I got nothing for my money and feel ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2013 10:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OmniTrace/Delray-Beach-Florida-33445/OmniTrace-or-Ashley-Watkins-Asked-Omnitrace-to-find-a-lost-friend-Charged-300-for-outda-1051690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OmniTrace