Complaint Review: on the edge honda

• Submitted: Fri, January 18, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 18, 2013

• Reported By: lottobucs — Erie Pennsylvania United States of America
on the edge honda
300 rice industrial parkway amherst, Ohio United States of America

on the edge honda Avoid these lazy liars amherst, Ohio

They had a 1980 Honda CBX 1000 for sale on e-bay. I called them and talked to Jennifer (the owner's daughter it turns out). She gave me some limited info on the bike and told me that if I wanted to see it, I should call an hour or so ahead of time so they can put a battery in it and get it ready. I told her it was important to get the motor started and she agreed with me.

Since I live 150 miles from the dealership I told her I would be there the following day after lunch. She assured me that they would have it ready. I even called the next morning and told her I was on my way.  She told me she had told Dale (the owner and her dad) that I was coming and they were working on it already and would be ready for me. By the way this was in January in Ohio so they're not really very busy anyway.

When I got there she was sitting on a stool by the counter chatting with a couple other employees, there wasn't a customer in the building. I asked her about the Honda and she went and got her dad and then went right back to her conversation while I waited for him.

Dale came out from the back and took me upstairs where the bike was located. I was suprised that it was just sitting there, all dusty and without a battery. Nobody had touched it. He told me that I probably couldn't ride it anyway because it was cold outside, and refused to put a battery in it. I told him that  I would like to at least hear the motor run before I would buy a 33 year old motorcycle. I couldn't believe it, I had just taken a day off work and spent over three hours on the road for nothing. All the people at this dealership acted like I was bothering them. I had stopped at my bank before I left home and had $10,000 in cash to pay for this bike. I had told Jennifer to call me if there would be any problems, she had my cell phone number.

I should have paid more attention to the other negetive posts on this website. Do yourself a favor and avoid these guys. I have never posted anything negative about anyone in my life, this is a first time for me. I couldn't just let this go.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2013 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/on-the-edge-honda/amherst-Ohio-44001/on-the-edge-honda-Avoid-these-lazy-liars-amherst-Ohio-999283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on on the edge honda