Complaint Review: Once Driven, www.oncedriven.com

• Updated: Sat, March 22, 2014

• Reported By: Dangerman — Meridian Idaho
Once Driven, www.oncedriven.com
PO Box 1280 Roanoake, Virginia USA

Once Driven, oncedriven.com Called on my craigslist ad to sell me a service for $189 to help sell my car! Roanoake Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: I agree

*Consumer Comment: Agreed What a ripoff

*Consumer Comment: Absolutely a Scam

*Consumer Suggestion: I GOT A REFUND!

*Consumer Comment: Once Driven

I placed an ad on craigslist locally to sell my car, I expressly chose the option that I was not to be contacted by any solicitors. One day later I was contacted by "Once Driven" who said they had someone who wanted to purchase my vehicle.

When I called "Once Driven" they asked me to pay $189 for them to help list my car for sale in an effort to help me sell it.  SCAM is all I can say.  Here is a company with a large call center and some type of computer program that scans craigslist for phone numbers and calls you to ask for money.

They did not have a ready buyer for my vehicle and they did not have anything to offer.  They merely wanted me to pay $189 for them to list my car on thier website.  On the call they made mention that they had people looking for vehicles that matched my description, that was a lie, they just want to sell their service.  SCAM

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2014 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Once-Driven-wwwoncedrivencom/Roanoake-Virginia-24006/Once-Driven-oncedrivencom-Called-on-my-craigslist-ad-to-sell-me-a-service-for-189-to-h-1132486. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Once Driven, www.oncedriven.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I agree

AUTHOR: Westone - ()

I also am a Craig's Lister with a listing for an automobile who was contacted by OnceDriven. The listing I posted clearly states in no uncertain terms "do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers" (emphasis in the original listing). OnceDriven chose to ignore that request and contacted me offering their service anyway.

I suggest that OnceDriven adopt a policy of respecting sellers' requests of non-solicitation. If someone requests not to be contacted, they clearly have thought it through and came to a decision that they do not want to be contacted about services and offers they are not asking for. They went to the trouble to make it part of thier listing. It should be respected.

If a company is at the very outset willing to ignore such a request, it is a good indication of the manner of ethics they practice in their business, and the type of treatment one can expect when doing business with them. It would behoove OnceDriven to be more respectful of others. Word gets around easily these days. In the long run your treatment of individuals will come back around to you, for better or worse.

Agreed What a ripoff

AUTHOR: Protect Others - ()

Anyone that does not know how to sell a car should not sell a car. People get shot for not knowing what they are selling. This company is a joke and the consumer who deside to use the fool.

Absolutely a Scam

AUTHOR: regular joe - ()

This is absolutely a scam.  I just received a call from a representative saying that they could sell my motorcycle for which they saw the ad on Craigslist.  However, I do not have an ad on Craigslist for a motorcyle, it is for a motorcycle helmet.  So tell me, how can they have potential buyers lined up for the motorcycle that I'm selling (thier words), when I'm not even selling a motorcycle?  They just scan ads to get phone numbers.  They obviously don't even read them.  Btw, I also chose the option to not have solicitors contact me.  Guess I'll go back to the old way of writing out my phone number in CL ads.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

I GOT A REFUND!

AUTHOR: W. Schwartz - ()

If you have just fallen for this scam I received a refund from them.  This is what I did.  Later in the day after they called I and I signed up, another scam came through my mailbox.  My husband caught it and then I looked up once driven, and my stomach sank.  Since I paid with my debit card I talked to my bank and they said I could file a fraud claim once the transaction was published.  So I waited a day and my husband said why don't you call them up first and see if they will give you a refund.  I didn't think they would, but the next morning I received 26 email from them saying they were leads.  I emailed all 26 people saying I think I was scammed and asking if they were real people.  Two were bounced, 1 looked like a bot, and one person was real, but said she was not looking for a car.  With evidence in hand I called customer service and said "I'd like a refund" they asked why "because you are a scam" they blubbered a bit saying if this is a scam then why would they answer the phone.  I said look, you sent me 26 emails this moring 2 were fake 1 was a bot and a third person said she wasn't even looking for a car.  I'm going to file a fraud charge with my BANK or you can refund my money.  They said they would have a manager call me back.  I said they had 1 hour before I'd file the charge.  It took a little longer than 1 hour, but my money was refunded.  Apparently they are afraid of banks.  If your situation was not too far in the past, see if you can file a fraud charge with the bank or credit card company.  Good Luck!

Once Driven

AUTHOR: simply_me - ()

I am a happy customer of this company. I did, in fact, pay 189.00 To have them help with my vehicle. I was not lied to at all. I was told that they had several requests for the same make and model of my vehicle but also the lady explained that they weren't for my car specifically, just matching the same make and model. I received about three inquireies on my vehicle in the first week. I did sell my vehicle on my own and was refunded promptly just like I said I would be. It seems to me that so many of you are quick to yell scam at the thought of paying money for a service. Its unfortunate that so many of you dont even mention that you have used the service. You just instantly think its a scam because they called.