Complaint Review: Oncor

• Submitted: Fri, May 11, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, May 11, 2012

• Reported By: Ultra Tan — Euless Texas United States of America
1616 Woodall Rodgers Freeway Dallas, Texas United States of America

Oncor Oncor ignores all complaints and over charges for services not even being used. Dallas, Texas

Noticed in Jan. 2012 that the demand charge on my bill seemed to jump.  Usual charge was around $400 per month.  All of a sudden the charge jumped to $600 to $700 per month.  This winter was not nearly as cold as last years but my demand increased dramatically.  I called Oncor and asked what they could do to see if there was a problem with my meter.. they said they would check it.  After a couple of weeks I called back and they acted like they didnt know what I was talking about.  No record of me calling about the problem.. and they said that I had to call my electric provider to complain.  So I called my electric providor and gave them the same complaint.  Well... this all started in Feb with the phone calls.. it is now May and still NO ONE has done anything to fix the problem.  They are overcharging me on the demand charge!

Here is the big proof that Oncor is overcharging people...

I did close this business on Feb 22nd but the lease is not up till Aug.  So I left the power on so I could have lights if I needed them.  With minimal use in March I received the bill.  $20 for electric usage.. $700 for demand charge.

If these new smart meters are so smart.. then why is if figuring the demand on a $20 bill at $700??

everything is turned off 99% of the time and the most used is just lights.. no A/C.. no Heat..  just lights.

April bill is a repeat.

Of course they are going to disconnect power.. because I refuse to pay the bill and in dispute with the electric providor.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2012 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oncor/Dallas-Texas-/Oncor-Oncor-ignores-all-complaints-and-over-charges-for-services-not-even-being-used-Da-881252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oncor