• Report: #720034

• Updated: Wed, April 20, 2011

• Reported By: Colin — Sherkston Ontario Canada
One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning
1980 Highway 20 Fonthill, Ontario United States of America

One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning,Mr. Furnace Price gouging Fonthill, Ontario

My furnace started making noise.  Upon investigation, I found that the direct vent exhaust fan had broke.  I removed the 4 wires which had quick connectors and the 3 screws that held the fan in place.  I had the fan removed within 4 minutes.  I called "One hour heating and air conditioning" and confirmed that they were still a "Goodman" dealer, which was the brand of my furnace.  I then took the failed fan to the store on highway 20 and asked to purchase a new fan.  They would not sell me one because I was not a gas fitter or commercial dealer.  I then asked if I could have someone come to the house and install the fan.  I was told that someone would come in the afternoon and perform a diagnosis (even though I had the broken fan in my hands).  The total bill was $690 plus tax.  The fan is a 1.4 Amp motor with a plastic cage.  What can you do.  My house was cold and I needed the fan.  I then searched the internet and found the exact fan on amazon for $119.  The technician was in my house for 37 minutes, performing a completely unnecessary inspection.   I figure that the rate was approximately $600 per hour with travel.  NOW THAT"S GOUGING!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2011 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Hour-Heating-and-Air-Conditioning/Fonthill-Ontario-/One-Hour-Heating-and-Air-Conditioning-One-Hour-Heating-and-Air-ConditioningMr-Furnace-P-720034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning