Complaint Review: One Spirit Book Club

• Submitted: Thu, May 03, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, September 09, 2009

• Reported By:Schenectady New York
One Spirit Book Club
PO Box 6400, Camp Hill, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

One Cpirit Book Club,One Spirit Book Club--HAS NO SPIRIT!! MANIPULATIVE Camp Hill Pennsylvania

* : Resolved after a cuple of years and sent through collection

I agree with the other report in that this company THIS COMPANY USES VERY DECEPTIVE PRACTICES. They get you to join and then hope that you forget the timing so that they can hook you for extra charges.

I joined the club with a two year agreement to buy 2 more books. However, due to some severe health problems, deaths in the family, etc, I lost track of when I signed up.Before that, I had to continually send them back. As I was having difficulty keeping up with the mail, I asked to have a membership that did not require sending back the papers. It took me a lot to get my account straightened out so that I could access it on-line.

But eventually, I was able to see my account on line and cancel the monthly selections before they came, but sometimes I would still miss them and had to send them back with my own cost of postage.

As it turns out, their books are much overpriced (average $25 with chipping. You can get the same books on Amazon (used or sometimes new for much less. Even local book stores are cheaper with their exorbitant shipping and handling fees. Sometimes they have a sale on these fees, but rarely.

THE BIG ISSUE IS THIS: I tried to find out when my obligation time was ending. They did not have any phone number on the bills and I found out by a round about way. [in fact, I lost this number and I just went to the web site for a history of my account and to see if I can find the phone number, again and I COULD NOT GET INTO THE WEBSITE without rejoiningWHICH I WILL NOT DO] They had limited hours, no 800 number and their phone lines were hard to get through. So I gave up for awhile.

Then I started getting a bill for over $49. I thought it was for books I returned and did not get credit for. There was no explanation on the bill. Then, without warning, I got a bill for contracting charges for not making the deadline of my obligation--$22 each for 2 books + shipping and handling.

I went on line to make a purchase and it would not let me make the purchase (3 books for $38 on sale). I finally was able to reach a person. They would not negotiate. Then for several months there have been letters from a collection agency. I called them and they will not negotiate. I am willing to fulfill my commitment, but do not wish to overpay for books that I don't really need.

This place has no spirit or compassion and puts shame on what I would expect that their mission to a customer base that is interested in nurturing and spirituality. THEIR BUSINESS PRACTICES ARE MISLEADING, MANIPULATIVE AND LACKING INTEGRITY.

Jeanne
Schenectady, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2007 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Spirit-Book-Club/Camp-Hill-Pennsylvania-17012/One-Cpirit-Book-ClubOne-Spirit-Book-Club-HAS-NO-SPIRIT-MANIPULATIVE-Camp-Hill-Pennsyl-246688. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Spirit Book Club

#1

Resolved after a cuple of years and sent through collection

AUTHOR: Concerned Consumer - (USA)

I finally got this resolved after a couple of years of getting nowhere. I was getting numerous letters from a collection agency.  I finally found someone at the collection agency to talk to about it and explained the issue.  They cleared my account.  I will nevere do business with One Spriit again.

sauce