Complaint Review: OneMain Financial

• Updated: Fri, February 24, 2012

• Reported By: Brittany — Houston Mississippi United States of America
OneMain Financial
117 Hwy 145 North Aberdeen, Mississippi United States of America

OneMain Financial formerly Citifinancial *manipulative*misleading*horrible company* Aberdeen, Mississippi

My fianc took out a loan with OneMain Financial, branch #240195, on 05/28/09. Before this loan his credit history was in terrible shape. I believe this branch and company manipulates/misleads and takes advantage of people (especially ones that don't have knowledge of loans).

This branch loaned over $10,000 to my fianc, who has bad credit, and accepted a vehicle as collateral knowing it wouldn't satisfy the loan if he defaulted. Even with a co-signer, he should have never been able to get a loan in that amount. Also with the horrendous interest rate, he would never be able to pay the loan off in payments. Instead, we had to borrow more money and pay off the loan in a lump sum.

My fianc and I had even began to question the branch's integrity more when he called about the payoff. They told him that if he paid the loan he would have to wait two weeks to get his title for his vehicle. However, they told him that if he pays in cash he could get his title right then but that he would have to wait for a receipt for 3 days due to their "systems being down". How professional is that?

I don't understand how a company can legally "rob", violate, and debase people. This company takes advantage of people who don't know any better and loans money to people with financial hardships. This is a company that seems to care more about their own selfish gain rather than the concerns of their customers.

I wrote a formal complaint to the company about the branch (which I don't believe will help because I think the company as a whole is corrupt).  Also, I turned in a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I just wish that we knew of a class action lawsuit going on to join, because this experience makes me want to warn everybody about this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2012 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OneMain-Financial/Aberdeen-Mississippi-39730/OneMain-Financial-formerly-Citifinancial-manipulativemisleadinghorrible-company-Aberde-843951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OneMain Financial