They use high pressure to get you signed up. They sell the same service for different prices. Whatever they think the person can afford. They do not inform you of any type of cancellation policy. They refuse to talk about any type of refunds. They have your money and you can't get it back. It is on a credit card and you are responsible for paying it off. If you contact them, they try to intimidate you and threaten you.
is in violation of
13-26-11. Prohibited practices.
(1) It is unlawful for any solicitor:
(c) to make or cause to be made any untrue material statement, or fail to disclose a material fact necessary to make any statement made not misleading, whether in connection with a telephone solicitation or a filing with the division;
(d) to make or authorize the making of any misrepresentation about its compliance with this chapter to any prospective or actual purchaser;
(e) to fail to refund within 30 days any amount due a purchaser who exercises the right to cancel under Section 13-26-5; or
(f) to fail to orally advise a purchaser of the purchaser's right to cancel under Section 13-26-5 unless the solicitor is exempt under Section 13-26-4. [continued below]....
They make unsolicited phone calls and offer high monthly income from internet sales. They use a pressured sales calls and want a commitment on first phone call.
They do not disclose a purchaser of the purchaser's right to cancel under Section 13-26-5
13-26-5. Right of rescission -- Cancellation.
(1) (a) Except as provided in Subsections (1)(b) and (c), in addition to any right to otherwise revoke an offer, a person making a purchase from a telephone soliciting business required to be registered under this chapter may cancel the sale up to midnight of the third business day after the receipt of the merchandise or premium, whichever is later, provided the solicitor advises the purchaser of his cancellation rights under this chapter at the time any solicitation is made.
(b) If the solicitor required to be registered under this chapter fails to orally advise a purchaser of the right to cancel under this section at the time of any solicitation, the purchaser's right to cancel shall be extended to 90 days.
(c) If the solicitor required to be registered under this chapter fails to orally advise a purchaser of his true name, telephone number, and complete street address at the time of any solicitation, the purchaser may cancel the sale at any time.
(2) Sales shall be cancelled by mailing a notice of cancellation to the telephone solicitor's correct street address, postage prepaid. If the telephone solicitor provided no correct street address, cancellation can be accomplished by sending a notice of cancellation to the division's offices, postage prepaid.
(3) (a) If a cancellation involves durable goods, as defined by rule, those goods shall be returned to the seller.
(b) If expendable goods are involved, the purchaser shall return any unused portion of those goods.
(c) A reasonable attempt shall be made to return goods to the solicitor's correct street address within seven days of exercising the right to cancel, providing the solicitor has provided the purchaser with the address. If the solicitor has failed to give a correct address, no return is required to qualify for a full refund of the purchase price.
(d) If the purchaser has used any portion of the services or goods purchased, the solicitor or telephone soliciting business shall receive a reasonable allowance for value given. This allowance may be deducted from any refund due the purchaser.
(e) A solicitor shall be jointly and severally liable with the telephone soliciting business for any refund amount due following the cancellation of a sale made by the solicitor.
(4) For the purposes of this section, "business day" does not include Sunday or a federal or state holiday.