Complaint Review: onlinetechguys

• Submitted: Wed, September 25, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, September 25, 2013

• Reported By: Gary — Birmingham Alabama
Internet USA

onlinetechguys www.onlinetechguys.com Phoned saying they were from microsoft and someone had been trying to hack onto my computer, asked for remote access and payment of £165 via credit card details which I stupidly did. then the payment goes to a Dubai account. internet or phone Internet

A male phoned and said he was from microfoft and that someone had been trying to hack into my computer. He asked for remote access to my laptop and showed me warnings and error messages. To clear these and add additional protective programmes a fee of £165 would have to be paid by card which details including the security code I had to insert on the form he put onscreen, which I stupidly did. At first it did not go through so he asked me to phone the bank to confirm it was me, again stupidly I did and payment went through.  I got another phone call from a woman 10 mins later to give me a Unique ID number and told me I would recieve an e.mail to confirm the payment, which i did and the payment had gone to an account in Dubai.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2013 03:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/onlinetechguys/internet/onlinetechguys-wwwonlinetechguyscom-Phoned-saying-they-were-from-microsoft-and-someone-1087141. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on onlinetechguys