Complaint Review: OPEN ROAD DRIVERS PLAN

• Submitted: Sun, June 15, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 11, 2010

• Reported By:hilliard Ohio
OPEN ROAD DRIVERS PLAN
8650 COLLEGE BLVD. OVERLAND PARK, Kansas U.S.A.

OPEN ROAD DRIVERS PLAN THESE STINKING CROOKS TOLD ME I WAS ON DRIVERS LEGAL PLAN AND I WAS NOT OVERLAND PARK Kansas

*General Comment: open road is a ripoff.

*Consumer Suggestion: Did you look for any paycheck deductions?

I started working as an otr driver for Celadon Trucking the first week in May, 2008. During orientation, I signed up for a pre-paid legal service (Open Road). I was told that I was accepted on their plan.

I followed up with two phone calls during the month of May, one the first week and one the third week in May. Each time I called Open Road they told me that I was a member.

On June 12, 2008 I got a ticket in the amount of $32.00 (thirty-two dollars) for being slightly overweight on my tandems. I called Open Road immediately.
I was told by Jorge (pronounced WhoreHay) that I had called Open Road on May 16th and at that time I was told by them that my company Celadon, had not paid any money towards the legal plan. I was not covered.

This is a complete and total lie. When I called Open Road in mid-May, I was told that I was a member.

Kathy Clair in the Celadon TruckersB2B/Benefits department was supposed to submit my driver legal plan application to payroll. She did not.

What went on here? That is exactly what I am trying to find out.

Any attorneys have any ideas?

I would advise anyone looking for a pre-paid legal service to look elsewhere for one. These people are a bunch of stinking crooks.

I thank God that the Maryland State Trooper who gave me the ticket decided to make it a small amount for a minor infraction.

Do not trust the scumbags at Open Road Drivers Plan. You will end up screwed!!!!

P.S. This is the second time that this has happened to me. The last company that I worked for (Trans Carriers)used "Pre-Paid Legal" . I was told numerous times by Patricia Walton in the Payroll Dept. that I was on Pre Paids' legal plan. I was not. I found this out almost 3 months into my employment with this company.

Robert
hilliard, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2008 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OPEN-ROAD-DRIVERS-PLAN/OVERLAND-PARK-Kansas-66210/OPEN-ROAD-DRIVERS-PLAN-THESE-STINKING-CROOKS-TOLD-ME-I-WAS-ON-DRIVERS-LEGAL-PLAN-AND-I-WAS-340449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OPEN ROAD DRIVERS PLAN

#1 General Comment

open road is a ripoff.

AUTHOR: Jerry - (U.S.A.)

I also WAS a member of O.R., when i received 3 CSA 2010 tickets on the truck, all non moving violations in N.M. I called O.R. and they said they didnt handle these types of tickets. This is the new Gov. thing thats going to get a lot of drivers fired. If they dont handle these types of tickets, than their totally useless. I was a member of TVC and they help with ALL tickets, their a much better company with a much better plan.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Did you look for any paycheck deductions?

AUTHOR: Bob - (USA)

Silly question, but didn't you notice the absence of deductions for the membership fees on your weekly paycheck stub? I see a $1.98 deduction every week. No-brainer...

If they WERE deducting the weekly dues, but you weren't provided the service, that would be a different issue, and you would have a valid case. I think this is a lack of follow-up on your part. It's all about personal responsibility...

They mail you your paycheck stubs for a reason- so that when you get home for time off, you can reconcile them against what you have written down in your notebook.