Complaint Review: Optical Tel

• Updated: Thu, August 29, 2013

• Reported By: andyrod78 — Miami Florida
Optical Tel
1360 S Dixie Hwy suite 200 Coral Gables , Florida USA

Optical Tel Sent me to collections even though they say its by mistake Coral Gables Florida

I have been a client of Optical Tel for many years. The last contract that I resigned with them was signed back in April 2010 which was for a 12 month period and expired in April 2011 but i kept using their service until the beginning of this year(March2013) which is when I decided to cancel. I called in and they said it would not be a problem and that I was completely up to date with payments, out of contract, etc. I was asked to send in a certified letter to cancel, which I did, and then called in a few days later to confirm the receipt of the letter and to ask if the account was closed. They confirmed and I also asked if there were any payments  but they confirmed once again that the account was completely up to date and closed out. At the beginning of this month August 2013 (4 or 5 months later) I received a call from a collection company saying that I owe them money for Optical Tel Account in the amount of aprox $1000 and that If I didnt pay them right away that they were going to increase the collection amount to $1,800 and ruin my credit.

Right away I called Optcal Tel and was helped by a rep named Alfredo Cubina. After reviewing my account, he said that this was their mistake and was sent in error. Many weeks have passed by and I am getting worse harrasing calls by the collection company. I have tried calling optical tel back but the same rep who is, I believe one of the managers there, will now not answer any of my calls. After trying and trying, I googled their address and showed up there. I asked for a supervisor and was told to sit out in the lobby and wait. This is where this story gets really crazy.

***** I had a woman come out to the lobby with a very synicall smile and as I tried to explain my situation, she just said to deal with it with the collection agency. I told her that I really needed help and about my previous conversation with the manager Alfredo Cubina but immediately was cut off and her behavior really became disrespectful and rude. I can even say that she was becoming aggresive with every other word that came out of her mouth. She even started clapping her hands as she spoke ( like when someone is about to start a physical fight). At no point did I even raise my voice and basically, didnt let me speak too much. After she said what she had to say, she extended her hand up really high in the air and wanted me to shake it with no other option and said "take it or leave it and leave". I was so shocked and in disbelieve that someone from a company would actually treat, forget that Im a client, but another human being like this, it was just beyond comprehension. Here is the worst part. As I was just standing there in shock, this woman started walking away. She must have taken a few steps and then turned around and threatened to have me escorted out if I didnt leave!!!!

After leaving in complete humilliation and embarrased by this woman who represents this company, I have tried to call them back several times but they now treat me as a joke and wont pass me through to anyone. I forgot to mention earlier that when I walked into the office, that this seems to be a very small operation and small office therefore they know who is calling and thats how they avoid my phone calls. I have never felt so direspected by anyone in my life.

I will be seeking legal advise on this matter. I will not be bullied and let this person (I think her name was Isabel) or this company get away with this. Word of advise, do not do business with this company. They lack proffesionalism, ethics, common courtesy and customer service!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2013 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Optical-Tel-/Coral-Gables-Florida-33146/Optical-Tel-Sent-me-to-collections-even-though-they-say-its-by-mistake-Coral-Gables-Flo-1080311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Optical Tel