Complaint Review: Optics Planet

• Updated: Fri, November 01, 2013

• Reported By: Bear268 — Edinboro Pennsylvania
Optics Planet
3150 Commercial Avenue Northbrook, Illinois USA

Optics Planet eBay user opticsplanet OpticsPlanet, Inc. Another attempt to bait and switch? You decide. Northbrook Illinois

Ordered a Simmons 20-60 ProSport Spotting Scope w/ Tripod & Cases: 841101 off eBay not realizing Optics Planet was the seller.  Not surprisingly, I received an email a few days later saying that the item was no longer in stock and that they would gladly ship a replacement of similar cost and quality.  What they wanted to ship me was a cheap but over priced hunk of garbage that has extremely poor reviews all over the internet.

Normally when a product I order turns out to be out of stock, I don't think much of it and just cancel the order.  The reason I am posting a complaint is that this is the fourth time Optics Planet has done this to me... and I am convince they are doing a bait and switch by offering great products for a reasonable price, then saying that they are out of stock and offering of inferior quality that they make allot more profit off of.  I've never actually taken delivery of something I have ordered from Optics Planet because they have never been able to fulfill my orders. Ever. Not once.

My bad for not paying attention to who the seller was... but I wanted to make all who care to research this company aware that they are at best incredibly incompetent... at worst comitting fraud... over at Optics Planet and you should stear clear of them, not matter how good the deal seams.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2013 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Optics-Planet/Northbrook-Illinois-60062/Optics-Planet-eBay-user-opticsplanet-OpticsPlanet-Inc-Another-attempt-to-bait-and-switc-1096321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Optics Planet