Complaint Review: Optimal Owner Care | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. Optimal Owner Care full-service timeshare management agency assisting clients to optimize existing timeshare ownership, enabling them to have a "Self-Sufficient" ownership. Optimal Owner Care, rental professionals that have collectively helped rent out millions of points over the last three and a half years.

• Submitted: Tue, April 24, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 07, 2013

• Reported By: TM — Franklin Park New Jersey United States of America
Optimal Owner Care Inc.
1 City Boluevard W. Suite 600 Orange, California United States of America

Optimal Owner Care REVIEW: Optimal Owner Care clients, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with Optimal Owner Care. Optimal Owner Care is dedicated to client satisfaction, exceptional client experiences & success. Commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction & confidence when doing business.
*UPDATE: Optimal Owner Care recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Optimal Owner Care for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Optimal Owner Care have proven that customer satisfaction is a high priority in their organization. This means that clients can expect that Optimal Owner Care will always work closely with their clients to produce optimal results. Optimal Owner Care listens carefully to client issues and sees them as something to be learned from and a way to constantly improve. All issues are viewed as lessons that can help prevent future issues or mistakes.

Optimal Owner Care manager, Mr. John Ellis, has informed us that his personal philosophy is to treat clients the way you want to be treated and they will remain clients for a lifetime. [continued below]....
..... As a successful businessman, Mr. Ellis feels it is critical to speak to to his clients and respond intelligently and promptly. By always putting his customers first and operating from a foundation of integrity, Mr. Ellis hopes to grow Optimal Owner Care into a successful enterprise that is known as a trusted partner to vacation ownership owners around the world.

Another top executive of the company told Ripoff Report that Mr. Ellis’ personal business philosophy is based on the premise that "you get what you give". Optimal Owner Care’s mission statement says it all: "To help our clients get the absolute most out of their vacation ownerships, the way the intended it to be when they originally purchased." Some of the other things Ripoff Report learned in the course of its review: typical customer feedback reads: “Optimal Owner Care (and Mr. Ellis) truly communicates all aspects of the job in a timely and effective manner. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that he and his employees show us. They are serious about meeting commitments, and deliver on all their promises."

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by a sales representative during an onsite inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Optimal Owner Care.
Opitmal Owner Care is Ripoff Report Verified

Optimal Owner Care is a full service vacation ownership management and rental agency. They take people who have too much vacation ownership, or timeshare, and facilitate the rental of these properties. They charge and keep a percentage for this service and pay the clients the difference once the transaction has been completed. They stated that they are the only company out there that is paid after the fact and that most companies charge up front for this service. They explained that they only get paid when they are successful and that no other company does what they do on the scale at which they do it.

The basic services that they offer are full service vacation ownership management and rental. They help their clients manage their timeshares optimally and help them rent out their properties. Roamba.com is the rental brand of their company and it is the company that they market and advertise to renters.

There is a vast target market for which they can offer their services, over 7 million people. Real Estate Deed Sales are public information and that is how they find current people who own vacation rental timeshares. They use state of the art virtual meetings to present to potential clients. They demonstrate to them how they can help manage, rent out, and consult them on how to best use and fully take advantage of what they have and what they can do to improve their current timeshare situation.

In order to follow up with clients, they utilize their excellent, diligent, and well-staffed Customer Service Department, which is available and proactive with clients. They contact clients multiple times throughout the year to stay in front of them.

Common Consumer Complaints and Resolutions

During the onsite interview a sales representative was asked to describe some of the common complaints that Optimal Owner Care receives: “After the prequalification process, we may tell them that they do not qualify to work with us, and that can cause a complaint. However, they are really complaining that they weren’t originally sold what they needed. We always lead and consult them on what they can do to improve their timeshare situation to benefit from our services. Our customer service department is always there to do right by our clients."

Some of the complaints on Ripoff Report deal with the sale or use of “points" or “wholesale points" to consumers. A sales representative was asked to explain this point system and how it is utilized within their company: “At the end of our presentation we go over their current situation and explain to them that they need more points to work with us if that is the case. We show them how they can do this if they want to benefit from our services, as it needs to be mutually beneficial for us and them. We clearly explain that we are not trying to sell them more points, but that they need a certain amount of points to truly benefit from the services we can and do provide our clients, most of which are very satisfied. Some people have complained when we have not sold all of the points they allocated to us in a given year. However, we never guarantee that we can rent every single property. We constantly communicate with our clients to assure them that we are always doing our best."

Their company maintains that the complaints made through Ripoff Report were not made by actual clients. They are always ensuring that their clients receive more than they bargained for and that all complaints, no matter how small, are resolved amicably and immediately. They want their clients to feel that they made a great decision partnering with them and that they are doing all they can to ensure that their experience with them is pleasant and will be repeated time and time again.

Optimal Owner Care appreciates Ripoff Reports stance to do whatever it takes to make things right with consumers. They appreciate anyone who is trying to get to the bottom of the truth and value that Ripoff Report sends someone out to investigate, walk around, take photos and see that they are running a legitimate and thriving business that has nothing to hide. They are proud of what they do and the service that they provide and have more satisfied customers than not. They are excited about the rate at which their business is growing and look forward to their future.

Optimal Owner Care / Statements from the Client Relations Manager

I am highly confident in my teams ability to overcome any obstacles that ever face us or our clients. Strong communication is the cornerstone of all successful relationships and that is why we stay in constant contact with our clients."

Optimal Owner Care’s customer service team have expressed that they feel very confident doing their job.

Optimal Owner Care also takes employee satisfaction seriously as well. Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this: "Optimal Owner Care provides a very positive environment to work. Opportunities for suggestions and improvements are encouraged." Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that Optimal Owner Care’s past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM OPTIMAL OWNER CARE.

Optimal Owner Care recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report’s review Optimal Owner Care has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

One such improvement is expressed in this testimonial: "No working relationship is ever perfect. However, Optimal Owner Care (OCC) makes every effort to resolve issues to the mutual satisfaction of both owner and rental partner. One case in point is that when an OOC employee inadvertently failed to cancel unrented reservations 15 days before check-in and 100,000 points were lost. My OOC advisor 'went to bat for me' and worked out a compensation arrangement to offset a major portion of lost rental points/ rental income and this arrangement is currently ongoing. Completed rentals have been seamless, even though compensation timing has been occasionally somewhat delayed, which I can attribute to growing pains at OOC. Keep up the good work at OOC and continue to help me offset Maintenance Fees with real income!

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with Mr. Ellis, Ripoff Report is convinced that Optimal Owner Care is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

CLIENT TESTIMONIAL

I almost didn't sign up with Optimal OC because I had been burned twice in the past by companies that claimed they would help me eliminate my maintenance fees, but I am sure glad I did. In the first 30 days I had $3,000 to apply toward my maintenance fees for the year. We still have a ways to go to cover my first year, but by the time anyone reads this, I am sure they will be long paid off…"

~ Ed M. – Jacksonville, FL (Presidential Reserve Platinum Owner)

"They continue to upgrade the business and their rapport with their clients (us) and with renters whom they definitely want as repeat customers. While they work hard to serve us both, they have always been available to update me where they are going and how it will affect my rentals, and what the latest disposition of my hope for rentals is. In one year’s time, they have satisfied my needs and curiosity."

~ Jack H. – Orem, UT (VIP Gold)

"To be perfectly honest, the first year they only covered about 90% of my maintenance fees, but last year made up for it because I generated enough rental revenue to pay for 1 1Ž2 years' worth of maintenance fees!"

~ John Y. – Westminster, CA (VIP Gold Owner)

"When first contacted, we hesitated to take the leap. Due to illness, we ended up with many points we couldn't use. They have rented the points we can't use. Since March 2010, they have done everything they promised. When we call or e-mail, we get a quick reply. Tom and I trust them and they are now handling 2+ million points for 2012. They are the real thing...an honest and caring company."

~ Joyce L. – TIJERAS, MN (Presidential Reserve Owner)

"You have been very busy making all those reservations on my account and have the 2011 points that would have expired at the end of December all taken care of. Wow, 36 reservations - I am very impressed. I want to thank you and your team for taking care of us. Thanks for all your hard work."

~ Jim and Carlotta Roberts – Seattle, WA

"We have dealt with at least three other timeshare rental companies that made all kinds of promises but never had any results. What a pleasant difference to have success within the first month! The ink was hardly dry so to speak when we received a call that our points were really needed for a rental. That was certainly a faster result than expected."

~ Anonymous

"As a timeshare owner, and having had negative experiences with other companies previously that promised rentals, this has been a extremely pleasant experience!!! To date, I have successfully rented to nearly ten travelers/renters without a hitch. I am thrilled after our relationship of one year working with them." "I am very pleased to be able to say that after about a year working with them that I don't think that the people I have worked with in that time frame have been very accessible and have never failed to return my calls of provide me with information that I have requested. They have, to date, been the reliable timeshare rental company that I had hope to find and work with for a long time."

~ Keith and Liz C. - Goleta, CA (VIP Gold Owners)

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, it’s a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

___________________________________

Optimal Owner Care Inc. They are really trying to make you upgrade your timeshare Orange, California

This company claims to be a timeshare rental company but they are really trying to sell more points via a partner.  They require a minimum of million points which very people are own. According to them, they have been in business for three years.  BBB only shows one month and according to them this is because they recently changed their name from something that contained the term  with 'bid'.  (Refused to give me the previous name). They claim not to charge anything for rentals but the $30,000 I would need to give their "partner" to acquire the 1.4 million points will more than make up for that.  They told me that unless I bought more points there is nothing they can do to help me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2012 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Optimal-Owner-Care-Inc/Orange-California-92868/Optimal-Owner-Care-Inc-They-are-really-trying-to-make-you-upgrade-your-timeshare-Orange-873273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Optimal Owner Care Inc.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Still Some Red Flags

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

The contact page on the website shows no physical address, just a generic email form. Legitimate businesses have a real address (mail drops don't count).

The domain name was created only last November and has a private (cloaked) registration. Not a confidence booster.

Their previous name was Point Potential, Inc.

Successful businesses like to show their management team on their website. Scammers don't..........

Update

AUTHOR: TM - (United States of America)

Following this post the Senior Client Relations Manager contacted me to find out what happened to make me write these statements.  He informed me that the information given  by the people I spoke with was incorrect as a result of dealing with a new sales associate and a manager that was not having a great day. He stated that "We don't have any minimum point requirements and have many clients who never bought additional points before working with us actually, however, we definitely like for our clients to have enough for a self-sufficient ownership since that is what we market ourselves as providing to our clients. The number of necessary points to have a self-sufficient ownership is different from client to client though based on several factors like: their current level of ownership, their current maintenance fees, how many weeks they vacation each year, how much they spend on other travel expenses like airfare/car rental, etc."  As stated before for us that number turned out to be at least a million points (we would like to vacation 2 weeks a year) and thus would require us to purchase more points.

He also pointed out that the BBB does reflect that they have been in business since 2008 and it is easy to get the BBB accreditation date confused with the business start date which is located at the bottom of the screen.  I checked out the website again, and it does in fact show an older start date then I previously stated, so I do want to correct that.  I am assuming this includes the time with the previous company, but I may be wrong.   However, I still was not given the name of the previous company due to "legal, or business" reasons.