Complaint Review: Oracle

• Updated: Sat, July 20, 2013

• Reported By: LoveMyFamily — Dublin California
Oracle
5805 Owens Dr. Pleasanton, CA 94588 Pleasanton, California USA

Oracle Uninstall Tool for Java removed common necessary files for my computer to run, DO NOT USE. Pleasanton California

I was installing the update for Java.  I keep getting them everyday and so I finally installed it.  Then I see a prompt to unistall previous versions.  I figure, what harm could it do because they have all aspects of this program worked out ahead of time.  As you can see, it's in RED that I should remove older versions.  My computer is completely screwed now.  I can't get it to do anything in any browser.  It's taken me 5 times of starting over just to write this report and I keep having to copy what I write before clicking to get to the next page because I keep getting "Can't Find Server" and none of that happened until after I use the uninstall tool.

Here's the really funny part.  I can't get a hold of Oracle to help with the situation and they are located across the freeway from my house. [continued below]....

.....  They are literally less than 1 mile from where I live and I can't get any help for my issue.  i can't get a reply or send an email to get help.  So now I am turning to Rip Off Report to see if I can get a little help from somewhere because I use my computer for work and my wife and I are expecting our first child so this is a definite hardship for us.  I wish there was a way for me to reach out to Oracle and Java without having to file a report like this but I can't afford to wait for it to be convenient for them to get a hold of me on their time.  Please help my family resolve this and get our live's back on track with a computer fix.  It seems as though it will need the entire operating system reinstalled to fix the damage done.  I can't afford that.

Why should I uninstall older versions of Java from my system?

The latest version of Java is always the recommended version as it contains feature updates, vulnerability fixes and performance improvements to previous versions. You can confirm that you have the latest version by visiting the Java Verification page.

Should I uninstall older versions of Java?

We highly recommend that you uninstall all older versions of Java from your system.
Keeping old versions of Java on your system presents a serious security risk.
Uninstalling older versions of Java from your system ensures that Java applications will run with the latest security and performance improvements on your system.

How can I remove older versions of Java?

You can safely uninstall older versions of Java from your system by using the Java uninstall tool or following the instructions on manually uninstalling Java for Windows page.

Windows Users: Improve the security of your computer by checking for old versions of Java and removing them using the Java Uninstall Tool.

» Learn more about the Java Uninstall tool

How do I remove Java from my Windows computer?

You can uninstall versions of Java manually in the same way as you would uninstall any other software from your Windows computer. Follow the instructions on manually uninstalling Java for Windows.

Do I need older versions of Java?

The latest available version is compatible with the older versions. However, some Java applications (or applets) can indicate that they are dependent on a particular version, and may not run if you do not have that version installed. If an application or web page you access requires an older version of Java, you should report this to the provider/developer and request that they update the application to be compatible with all Java versions.

We think you might also be interested in:

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2013 12:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oracle/Pleasanton-California-94588/Oracle-Uninstall-Tool-for-Java-removed-common-necessary-files-for-my-computer-to-run-DO-1068606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oracle