Complaint Review: Oral Surgery Center

• Updated: Thu, November 07, 2013

• Reported By: SoCal Justice — Los Angeles California
Oral Surgery Center
6360 Wilshire Blvd Suite 403 Los Angeles, California USA

Oral Surgery Center Daneshgar Shaun & Henry Lo Vulture Tactics with no regard for practicing medicine Los Angeles California

*Author of original report: Update, Dr. Daneshgar has backed off and will delete.

I had a horrible experience with Dr. Daneshgar. I was a victim of violent crime and then a vicitm to Dr. Daneshgar. He was the emergency room dentist at Cedars Sinai. After his initial hospital visit, I went to his office for a follow up. He coerced me to sign a piece of paper saying I would pay him directly, even though he knew the circumstances and the California Victim Program was going to reimburse him.

Flash forward to a year later: He did in fact get paid by the VCP, albeit Medicare reimbursable rates. He is still balance billing, even though it is literally against the law. 13957.2 has included in its body "A provider who accepts payment from the program for a service shall accept the program's rates as payment in full and shall not accept
Any payment on account of the service from any other source if the total of payments accepted would exceed the maximum rate set by the board for that service. [continued below]....

..... A provider shall not charge a victim or derivative victim for any difference between the costs of a service provided to a victim or derivative victim and the program's payment for that service."

He refuses to stop though, and has gone after me aggressively. His rates were three times the Medicare allowable rates, and if it was an insurance company paying him, they would have reimbursed him the same exact amount.

I would NOT recommend using him at all, because he didn't see me at his office again until I paid him in cash, so I had to go to another dentist to complete the work. I could give you a lot more information, but the bottom line is Dr. Daneshgar is a vulture. Take my advice and stay AWAY!r later: He did in fact get paid by the VCP, albeit Medicare reimbursable rates. He is still balance billing, even though it is literally against the law. 13957.2 has included in its body

"A provider who accepts payment from the program for a service shall accept the program's rates as payment in full and shall not accept Any payment on account of the service from any other source if the total of payments accepted would exceed the maximum rate set by the board for that service. A provider shall not charge a victim or derivative victim for any difference between the costs of a service provided to a victim or derivative victim and the program's payment for that service."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2013 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oral-Surgery-Center/Los-Angeles-California-90048/Oral-Surgery-Center-Daneshgar-Shaun-Henry-Lo-Vulture-Tactics-with-no-regard-for-practi-1097643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oral Surgery Center

Update, Dr. Daneshgar has backed off and will delete.

AUTHOR: SoCal Justice - ()

It seems as though Dr. Daneshgar will back off finally after over a year and a half of dealing with this. I'm glad it's almost over, and I'll update after it is completed.