Complaint Review: oramd

• Submitted: Wed, March 30, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, February 10, 2013

• Reported By: b lander — portland Oregon United States of America
oramd

oramd google bomb fake website spam gum diseaese periodontal bad breath , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Works for me - both the product and THP's rebuttal

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from OraMD and Trusted Health Products

*General Comment: ORA MD works.

Oramd review

Among other jobs I am a website developer.   I have been searching the internet for reviews of oramd which is a product that contains essential oils and claims to fight gum disease.

It is apparent to me that the oramd people have been doing what some people call goolebombing.
They have set up many false websites in the form of blogs and review sites which give oramd positive reviews and which claim to be independent sites but are not.

They also take advantage of free hosting sites like squidoo.

They are also actively spamming the comment section on many sites.

It is easy to tell they are doing these things by comparing the text used in this sites to one another as well as the graphics used as well as looking at the code of the sites and looking up the registration info on whois.

Is oramd a scam?

The product may or may not work as claimed but this type of behavior is clearly dishonest and manipulative.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2011 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/oramd/internet/oramd-google-bomb-fake-website-spam-gum-diseaese-periodontal-bad-breath-Internet-711885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on oramd

Works for me - both the product and THP's rebuttal

AUTHOR: Janice T - ()

I totally accept THP response to this report. Having worked for a company that also hired a third party to optimize search engine results for our website, I understand how this works and know how that can happen.

As a user of OraMD for over two years now, I know this product works. I only came across this "rip off" report this morning as I was going online to order more. OraMD does not claim to cure gum disease, it claims to relieve the pain and kill the bacteria that cause it. And it does just that.

I can feel pain beginning to come back in my lower front gum and I recently moved and somehow left my supply of OraMD at my old apartment. I need more! It is a bit expensive, but much cheaper and far less painful than a visit to the dentist to achieve the same results. (I am in no way saying it is a replacement for regular dental visits, but does enable me to avoid those emergency visits.)

THP, I will be a customer for life!

Reply from OraMD and Trusted Health Products

AUTHOR: Trusted Health Products - ()

My name is Aaron and I am a member of the marketing team at Trusted Health Products, Inc.

At the time this article was published our company had outsourced our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to a third party company who was tasked with increasing traffic to our website. We became aware that this third party company was using certain tactics to increase our traffic that conflicted with Googles best practices and we have since terminated our business relationship with that firm.

We no longer outsource our SEO and are in complete compliance with the best practices laid out by Google. Additionally any reviews posted online regarding our products come directly from either our customers, product reviewers, affiliates, or others who publish their independent thoughts and opinions regarding our products.

We invite anyone who is interested in our company and our practices to visit our Better Business Bureau profile, where we maintain an A+ rating. http://www.bbb.org/lexington/business-reviews/health-and-diet-food-products-wholesale-and-manufacturing/trusted-health-products-in-lexington-ky-90004442#bbblogo

In regards to the efficacy of our OraMD product, the University of Kentucky recently completed a clinical study (http://www.trustedhealthproducts.com/study-summary.pdf) which found that the ingredients contained within OraMD were very effective against Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria - the types of bacteria that can lead to serious gum problems.

OraMD is endorsed by bestselling author and world renowned preventive dentist, Dr. Tom McGuire, and by scores of other dental professionals the world over.

Our products, including OraMD, come with a 1-Year 100% Money Back Guarantee.  Weve been in business for over 13 years and we have an over 99% customer satisfaction rate.  You can check out reviews of OraMD on amazon.com - they're quite favorable and you can see that our products have a positive impact in many people's lives.

I encourage anyone reading this to also visit our website at http://www.trustedhealthproducts.com for additional information regarding our products and to contact us directly by phone or email with any questions.

Thank you.

Aaron

Trusted Health Products

#3 General Comment

ORA MD works.

AUTHOR: Fair&Balanced - (United States of America)

My dentist told me i had a severe perodontial disease problem and the only thing that would help was to have a scaling surgery by a specialist.  My gums were swollen, bleeding and painful in a couple of areas.  I ordered the ORA MD product a month ago and there has been a very visible improvement plus no more pain.  I don't know if this will work for everyone but it has saved me from a surgery plus ELIMINATED the pain.