Complaint Review: Orange Theory Lighthouse Point

• Updated: Fri, April 25, 2014

• Reported By: MaverickMom — Lighthouse Point Florida
Orange Theory Lighthouse Point
3778 N Federal HIghway Lighthouse Point, Florida USA

Orange Theory Lighthouse Point Poorly managed, Continued to Charge After Cancellation Lighthouse Point Florida

This business is very poorly managed at the front desk by 20-somethings.  I was on the Unlimited program for $139/month and though the trainers were great, the management and the front desk were so unbelievably rude that I cancelled my account and went back to CrossFit.

I cancelled my account at the end of my 6 month commitment two days prior to the end of the month, as advised by the front desk.  Despite the fact that I went into this business in person to sign such cancellation papers, this company charged me $139 the following month anyway.  Once again, I called the front desk, and the guy there incorrectly told me that I had to cancel 30 days prior.  Given the fact that I signed a 6 month agreement and honored that commitment, this is entirely incorrect.  He advised me to call the manager, who was unreachable by phone at the time.  Therefore, I disputed the charge with my bank.

The reasons for my cancellation at OT Lighthouse Point are enough for another ripoff report entirely.  There is a $10 cancellation fee if you cancel a class less than 12 hours prior to the class.  While I understand the principles behind this policy, it is poorly carried out by the front desk staff.  I cancelled one class by phone 24 hours in advance due to a death in our immediate family, and it was not documented.  The next day during the funeral, the front desk staff called and left a rude voicemail during the funeral the next day wanting to "speak with me about the cancellation policy" and informing me that "this is your warning."  I returned this call and clarified that I had, indeed, cancelled my class by phone.  This employee failed to correct the problem and documented a "warning" on my account anyway.

Fast forward one month later when my daughter wakes up with an unexpected fever.  I gave OT a courtesy call to cancel my class, fully aware that it was not within the required 12 hr time frame.  The same front desk staff member kept me on the phone while she logged into my account and then gave me a weird, punitive monoloque regarding the cancellation policy and the fact that I "already had a warning."  They charged me $10.  The fee is not necessarily my greatest concern as much as it my time and the fact that this type of negativity from rude staff is not worth my time or energy.

OT Lighthouse Point is run by a group of people who know everything about "corporate policy" and very little about customer service and relationships with people.  The workouts are mediocre compared with CrossFit anyway.  Charging customers $139 after membership commitments are up and then wasting former customer's time with staff mistakes is a true ripoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2014 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orange-Theory-Lighthouse-Point/Lighthouse-Point-Florida-33064/Orange-Theory-Lighthouse-Point-Poorly-managed-Continued-to-Charge-After-Cancellation-Lig-1141675. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orange Theory Lighthouse Point