- Report: #1169808
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: OrangeTheory Fitness
OrangeTheory Fitness25853 US 19 N Clearwater, Florida USA
OrangeTheory Fitness Letter of the Law with Orange Theory - all about the MONEY Clearwater Florida
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Went to Orange Theory for the First Free Session. Did this on Feb. 25th, 2014. Liked the class and signed up Myself and my Wife for the unlimited membership. I took my first class or what I thought was my first class on Feb. 28, 2014. I worked out there for 2 months and gave notice at the end of April. I was aware of the 30 day notice and had to go in to sign a letter at the location before I could cancel. This of course delayed the cancellation by 2 days. The deck person of course tried to get me to stay and said that I could of course use the location for the next 30 days and if I changed my mind she could easily bring it back active before the 30 days were up. She never said anything about me being to late to cancel that month. So at the end of April on the 25th I am charged again for both memberships that I thought was cancelled. I went back to the location and spoke to the same manager that cancelled my membership and she stated that she would look into it. Then I was told that I was charged again because I was not charged the first month of the membership. That I was refunded the money. I knew that was BS and called them on that right away. Then it was given over to a new person who was to look into this. I had to bring in copies of my credit card bills and a month after this all started was told that my membership started on the 25th of Feb. and because I cancelled after the 25th that I had to pay another month. When I told her she was wrong, all I got was that this was company policy and there was nothing she could do. I then asked to speak to the owner and she stated that she was the owner. So legally she is right which is why you are reading this on this web site. The take way
1. First session is not free if you sign up that day.
2. When you cancel, which you sooner or later will. Check you payment date and do it before then.
3. If you have a dispute with Orange Theory and it involves Money. Don't waste a month, because they will not give back.
4. I was never charged for missing a session, but my Wife missed 2 and was charged $10 each. Be careful.
5. As with anything it is buyer beware. Be very aware at Orange Theory.
6 All told my 2 months of membership cost me $1012.00. Very expensive lesson.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2014 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OrangeTheory-Fitness/Clearwater-Florida-33763/OrangeTheory-Fitness-Letter-of-the-Law-with-Orange-Theory-all-about-the-MONEY-Clearwate-1169808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.