Complaint Review: orders@new-laptop-battery.com

• Submitted: Sat, April 03, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, April 03, 2010

• Reported By: Carolyn — Davidsonville Maryland U.S.A.
orders@new-laptop-battery.com
Bishuilongting 7-1-9D Longhua Town Shenzhen, Select State/Province China

orders@new-laptop-battery.com Zhangyanxia, New Sony Laptop Battery Ripoff from China Longhua Town, Shenzhen China

I ordered a new SONY laptop battery for my daughter for Christmas.  Nowhere on the site did it say it was coming from China. It said IN STOCK.  It said "Available" with same day shipment, so I ordered on 12/12/09 for Christmas.

I later emailed as to whether it would arrive on time.  I got a quick "don't worry, be patient, you will receive it soon."  It came the day after Christmas and I kept it for a January 28 birthday present.  When she went to use it, she had it installed by a computer tech who said the battery nearly ruined the computer when he used the "driver disk" that came with it.

I wrote to them-their response was to send them the Laptop Model # and then send it back and they would replace it.  By this time, I had purchased another because my daughter is in college.  I emailed them, they gave me an address, and I returned the battery on February 22.  They then asked for the post office receipt, which I sent to them.  This turned into a long series of emails, them telling me their "warehouse" hadn't received it yet, and to be patient.  Long story short, they owe me $135.00 and all I get is "be patient, we haven't received it yet" emails...why do I think I will never get my refund?

Isn't there any way to stop this fraud?  I might add that I searched and searched and this is the only site I found that had an "in stock" battery.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2010 06:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ordersnew-laptop-batterycom/Longhua-Town-Shenzhen-Select-StateProvince-/ordersnew-laptop-batterycom-Zhangyanxia-New-Sony-Laptop-Battery-Ripoff-from-China-Longh-589130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on orders@new-laptop-battery.com