Complaint Review: originalkeyless

• Submitted: Sun, September 12, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, September 12, 2010

• Reported By: ripped of in South Carolina — Mountain Rest South Carolina United States of America
P.O. box 25398 Prescott Valley, Arizona United States of America

originalkeyless used dirty remotes!! fraud, very poor customer service Prescott Valley, Arizona

I wish I had seen this sight before ordering. I did get a key/remote in a timely matter. But it was obviously used and had the "Dodge" label removed. You could even see some dirt in the recess where the emblem used to be. I tried programming it myself, then finally took it to the Chrysler dealership where after 3 tries they gave up. Their computer kept saying "damaged key" or "key not suited for this vehicle". I returned my key which I paid $79.99 plus $8.95 shipping for, plus my $6.00 or so for priority mail to retrun the key. They refunded $59.99.

I emailed them asking about the refund difference, hoping it was a clerical error, and they gave me the link to their terms and conditions...you know...the VERY fine print that no one reads. It did state a 25% reststocking fee for usable returns. But it also said each key had a one year warranty and was guaranteed to work. He claimed the keyfob was new and not used. My opinion: after they get an order they are searching junkyards for the needed keys, installing new 59 cent blanks in them and sending them to poor consumers claiming they are new. I'll never use them again...nor advise anyone else to. A $35.00 lesson learned here...on items like this use a reputable local OEM dealer. It may cost a little more upfront, but at least it will work!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2010 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/originalkeyless/Prescott-Valley-Arizona-86312/originalkeyless-used-dirty-remotes-fraud-very-poor-customer-service-Prescott-Valley-639928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on originalkeyless