Complaint Review: orlando reginal & terra vista rehab center

• Submitted: Fri, October 26, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, October 28, 2012

• Reported By: juana santana — orlando Florida United States of America
orlando reginal & terra vista rehab center
south orange orlando, Florida United States of America

orlando reginal & terra vista rehab center medical neglicence orlando, Florida

*Author of original report: medical negligence by orlando regional hospital & terra vista nursing rehab center

*Consumer Comment: what??

Hello:

My grandma recently was hospitalized in the orlando regional hospital were she and her family was treated in a very rude an unprofessional way, they used to put the insulin shots without cleaning before and after with alcohol, when my gradma drop her oxygen in the floor they pick up without desinfecting the oxygen and put it back to her nose just like that, when some nurses was about take her blood they put gloves before but they touch everything including their hair and nose, that's very nasty and some of the nurses scream to her and shake her hard when she doesn't understand them because they gave her too many drugs, she was uncontious. whenever they test her blood sugar and blood pressure and do x rays to my grandma they never tell her the results neither to us. they also wasn't even sure if they going to make her surgery knowing she have her hip broken, one day they say they going to do surgery and then the other day they say no, they was with this indecision during the 6 days she was on the hospital and in the end she never got surgery. [continued below]....
..... they just sent her to a rehabilitation center/ nursing home, but the question is, why she need to go to rehabilitation if she never got surgery? It doesn't make sense that's what we all think, her family, but when my mother talk with person in charge of the rehab center of terra vista, she ask and try to see my grandma surgery, she doesn't see anything and my mother confirm to her that she never got surgery and the lady was surprise, she told her she have in the papers from regional that my grandma has surgery, the lady was confused she don't know what to say,

now my grandma is sick with bronchitis, vaginal infection and fungus anal in the rehab center and they told my mother that my grandma needs to go back to the hospital of course she already told them not to the regional, but in that rehab center when my mother went with her friend to see my grandma in the morning my grandma was naked with a very bad dipper burn and dirty and she was about to fall from the bed (that was the first time in the rehab Center because there is a second time lately in the same place that she almost fall from the bed again, in total three times from both places) she was completely unattended, that's what happens to her once during the 6 days when she was hospitalized on the regional hospital. when we walk to the room we find my grandma almost in the floor and completely unattended, those nurses from both places they are not only Good for nothing but they are also very rude and unprofessional. my grandma is not even talking just crying in pain and asking her family to help her. my grandma is very sick, she have arthritis, dementia and alzheimer's. she needs good care and she has been suffering a lot, her arms and hands is in a very bad condicin, very swollen and she have a lot of bruces all over it, (I even got pictures of that) and now my mother is feeling really bad because of all that she been through she is so nervous, that she is been having panic attacks, anxiety and also have an allergy reaction because she have been under a lot of stress lately, plus she haven't been able to sleep well, worry about my grandma what do you think about all this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2012 05:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/orlando-reginal-terra-vista-rehab-center/orlando-Florida-/orlando-reginal-terra-vista-rehab-center-medical-neglicence-orlando-Florida-960691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on orlando reginal & terra vista rehab center

AUTHOR: juana santana - (United States of America)

This problem continue to expand, now My grandma is back to the hospital because she just got worst with all the bad treatment she had, but yesterday when she was about to leave the rehab Center before in the daytime the nurse & the therapist put her in a wheelchair, but then they left her unattended and My grandma try to stand up and fell ( they know she is not mentally aware of her own situation because got alzheimer and dementia, so she needs supervisin all the time) and when My mother came she saw My grandma with some cuts in her right hand and bandages on and My mother got worried and ask a nurse, what happen? and the nurse told her that she (My grandma) fell from the wheelchair earlier
Yesterday night when My grandma went to the hospital again, (this time to the florida hospital) because My mother doesn't want her to be in the orlando regional because of the bad experience, when the doctor and nurses from the florida hospital saw My grandma they got surprised, to see My grandma's arms and hands and they ask My mother what kind of hospital, doctors and nurses was that? and My mother told them it was from the regional & terra vista, the doctor just confirm to My mother that My grandma have a severe anal fungus and a vaginal infection and also a kidney infection, but from the beginning my grandma go to the hospital with just a broken hip and now she got all those infections too, we got evidence but nobody seems to listend.
But My question is, do authorities only do something when people die?

what??

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

What is the report about?? The lack of paragraphs and punctuation make it impossible to read!