Complaint Review: OTTAWA HEALTHMART

• Updated: Wed, January 08, 2014

• Reported By: tracethebold61350 — ottawa Illinois
OTTAWA HEALTHMART
900 1st Ave, Ottawa, IL OTTAWA, Illinois USA

OTTAWA HEALTHMART OTTAWAHEALTHMART.COM OTTAWAHEALTHMART CLAIMS EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE BUT IF YOU ARE DISABLED THEY SCREW YOU ANY WAY THEY CAN OTTAWA Illinois

On 1-8-14

I spoke with Liz the owner to have my prescriptions delivered, to my ottawa home. I was told there would be no problem and the charge would be an extra $2.00. I really needed to wait in my apartment due to the extreme cold and my illness. I told this to Chris the deliverly man. He told me when he arrived that he would no longer deliver for me unless I agreed to meet him at the door downstairs. He said it took too long for me to deliver upstairs. He yelled at me for wasting his time th and I told him that I am disabled and very ill and I could not agree to accomadate his requests every time. He treated me like dirt. I called liz and reported this problem. I also told her he refused to take the scripts for my new prescriptions. She was very arrogant on the phone and told me he has some personal problems with his children in the car. I did not understand or care. She also told me that they would double the fee for delivery at my home just because he had to go press a few buttons and then I would buzz him in. He threw the bag at me with the change in it and refused to take the scripts. I am disabled I cannot run after him. I have never been treated so badly at this pharmacy before.  The reason for this delivery was  they had forgot to deliver all my prescriptions on Friday Jan. 3, 2014.

I have severe asthma, and all weekend I suffered without my meds. When I called the healthmart to tell them of the missing prescriptions and the high charge. I was told that they were closing and unless I came in right away there was nothing they could do. I could not start my car in the extreme cold and I told them  I needed them to deliver my missing meds. Liz told me that the amount of my prescriptions  was not enough to bother with and Chris the part owner delivery man did not really have to come back with the missing prescriptions. or take the scrips. I told her I cannot breathe and I am really sick. All I wanted was my medicine so I could breathe properly. These people are the owners of the company and they advertise exceptional customer service. They practally told me to drop dead. Liz told me to mail her my scripts.  I told her I did not think I have stamps. She told me this was the only way. or go elsewhere.  These people say they give quality service, Was that quality service?  Then they told me it takes too long to wait on me. I am disabled I have to go slow. If you are looking for a good pharmacy look elsewhere . Stay away. They maybe the only pharmacy in south ottawa, but drive to any other place. They treat disabled people without any respect at all. They cheat on prices, and when you bring it to the attention of the pharmacist /owner Liz she covers it all up. You wind up paying for there mistakes.  These people laugh out loud at my disabilities, and vent their personal problems on me the customer. It all gets covered over by Liz who feels sorry for her brother Chris. What a way to run an important business like a pharmacy. What a joke.

No one pologized to me for any of it. They tried to cheat me a disabled person by doubling the price of delivery, forgeting an important prescription. Liz was rude, shabby and vicious on the phone. Obviously, I had to go elsewhere, but I truely believe this was a very shabby deal. I deserve an apology for the way I was treated. If they did not want me as a customer they should have told me years ago. My time is just as valuable as theirs is, and my health is in jeapardy. These people should be in the clown business, not a pharmacy. Please be forwarned if you are serious about your medicine, stay away from here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2014 08:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OTTAWA-HEALTHMART/OTTAWA-Illinois-61350/OTTAWA-HEALTHMART-OTTAWAHEALTHMARTCOM-OTTAWAHEALTHMART-CLAIMS-EXCEPTIONAL-CUSTOMER-SERVI-1114067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OTTAWA HEALTHMART