Complaint Review: OUC

• Submitted: Mon, January 27, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, January 27, 2014

• Reported By: Gallery700 — Orlando Florida
100 W Anderson St, Orlando, FL 32805 Orlando, Florida USA

OUC charged my account $148 from somone elses bill and they refuse to remove it.  My account is up to date and now it is being charged an additional $148.  I have provided OUC with proof of my past addresses from 4 years ago and they still refuse to remove it.  I contacted the Public Service Commission.  They do not handle these types of complaints and told me that the City of Orlando, under Buddy Dyer is responsible for OUC.   This definitely seems like a conflict of interest and I have no idea how they get away with it.  They overcharge people and they are allowed to arbitrarily charge anyone's account with an erroneous charge.  Talking to them will get you nowhere.  They are rude.  They say they will call you back and never do.  This is typical of this horrible State.  Now they are going to turn off my electric because I refuse to pay the $148 erroneous charge.  Any payments I make to my own current bill, they woill crediting to the $148.  Who regulates these utility companies?  This is illegal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2014 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OUC/Orlando-Florida-32805/OUC-OUC-AND-ILLEGAL-PRACTICES-Orlando-Florida-1118876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OUC