Complaint Review: outboardignition.com

• Updated: Tue, August 26, 2014

• Reported By: Mike — Bonners Ferry Idaho
outboardignition.com
Internet USA

outboardignition.com Owner is arrogant, and unreasonable. Cookson Oklahoma Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Erroneous complaint

I had ordered a $144.00 volatge regulator for my boat that I was told by a technician that I needed to repair it.  The part was sent to me and it was not the correct part I needed.  after finding this out I tried to return the part to the company.  I talked to the company owner and informed him that I didn't even install the part and it was in the same shape as it was when it was shipped to me.  I told the owner that I am willing to pay the 20% restocking fee, but he informed me that it was against the company policy to accept ANY returns.  no exceptions.  I told him that the part came from them and nothing was wrong with it, but he would not make any exceptions.  I informed him that this is bad business practice.  He then told me to go to ebay or craigslist and try to sell it.  And also that " they are not Wal-Mart and don't take returns.  I consider this a bad business practice and I feel that I was ripped off.  I told him I would never use their company again I would tell everyone I know of their shady business practices.  He told me to go ahaed and do what I needed to do.  He didn't care at all.  So this is why Im reporting thier business.  Maybe if if others know of this practice and their attitude towards future customers maybe they would change their policy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2014 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/outboardignitioncom/internet/outboardignitioncom-Owner-is-arrogant-and-unreasonable-Cookson-Oklahoma-Internet-1172457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on outboardignition.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Erroneous complaint

AUTHOR: Outboardignition - ()

This customer ordered part/s from our website and he was sent what he ordered. Upon calling us about returning merchandise, the customer stated that the parts he ordered turned out to not be what was wrong with his motor and he requested a refund. He was politely informed that our clearly posted return policy does not allow returns for refunds, especially on electrical items (which is an industry standard). The customer then started to become unreasonable asking us to make an exception just for him specifically. He was denied that request, and then he became bellligerent in threatening to tell all his friends not to buy from us because of our bad business practices. Apparently this customer expects that he is deserving of special treatment way above and beyond anyone else. We provide the best service possible to each and every customer we deal with, but we will not be bullied into being dictated to what our policies will and will not enforce.