- Report: #1070685
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Overstock.com
Overstock.com6350 South 3000 East Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Overstock.com Overcharging on "handling fees" and shipping Salt Lake City Utah
*Consumer Comment: Just one thing
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I would HIGHLY recommend NOT buying from Overstock.com if you want items shipped internationally. We recently placed an order and had several problems. We are currently living in Spain for a bit and purchased a few home furnishings for our house because they stated they could handle international shipping. But they lure you in with decent prices and the devil is in the details:
- Time estimates for delivery are a complete joke. They promised a week, and it took nearly three. Not even close. How do they respond when we inquired? "Um, sorry I guess." Why even have shipping estimates if there is no penalty for not keeping them?
- In addition, the Overstock shipping personnel are clearly not versed in international shipping and customs requirements. Every-single-item was stopped at Spanish customs for lack of proper paperwork. Amazon.com, Apple, and eBay seem have this figured out but not Overstock.
- The real killer, however, was their vast overcharging on shipping and fees. One of the items we ordered was a $32 pillow. Overstock tacked on a $36 dollar "handling charge" and a $150 shipping charge - ?!! It's a pillow. It weighs nothing. Turns out they sent it FedEx Overnight -- which we didn't request. (Who does that?)
Naturally, all complaints and inquiries were answered with, "sorry, nothing we can do." Their greed and lack of common sense just cost them a customer of life. You've been warned.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2013 11:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Overstockcom/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84121/Overstockcom-Overcharging-on-handling-fees-and-shipping-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-1070685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.