Complaint Review: ownerwiz.com

• Updated: Mon, December 19, 2011

• Reported By: anonymous — abilene Texas United States of America
ownerwiz.com

ownerwiz.com wizlist.com Misleading, scammers Internet

*Consumer Comment: Read everthing before you give your CC info.

I was looking for homes to rent to own, when I came across a site called ownerwiz.com.  At first it look legit. It stated no credit, bad credit they really didn't need it. Just answer basic questions to receive the list of home. I did what it said, went back to my e-mail and in bold underscored web link it said.  Your list. I clicked it and it went straight to a credit score company. It said for only a $1.00 get your score.

Well dummy me gave my card number and yes I got my score. But it did not lead me to my list.  So I went back to my e-mail and clicked on the other link wiz sent me and yep you guessed it, straight back to the credit site.  So I went back one more time to the e-mail now it sent me to wizlist.com and again it asked info and again I was back at the credit site.  It asked if I wanted a membership I said no. Still no list.

Then I get an e-mail stating that they would charge my cc monthly. I am glad I read that long e-mail or my card would have been charged.

As far as I can tell this is not a legit realtor. Just another scam site to reel you in for your credit card info and charge the dickins out of ya.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2011 01:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ownerwizcom/internet/ownerwizcom-wizlistcom-Misleading-scammers-Internet-778115. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ownerwiz.com

Read everthing before you give your CC info.

AUTHOR: Happy Customer - (United States of America)

I am a customer of Ownerwiz. I am very happy with there service. They are not the company that pulls your report. They only provide you with access to do that. Yes, they give you a link. Once your done with that link, then you will receive an email with a user name & password. At first I didnt know that either. But I called and one of the reps told me about it. If you dont check your email, then you wont see it.

However, always read everything before giving your CC info out. The company called Scoresence that pulls for credit report will charge you additional fee's if you do not call them back within 7 days. It is for a credit monitoring & identity theft program. Its not bad to have these types of things available, but not everyone wants them. Also, if you call the number on the site for ownerwiz, you can speak with a live rep who explains everything to you.