Complaint Review: Pacific Brochures

• Reported By: Brian — Dallas Texas
Pacific Brochures
4025 Camino Del Rio 3rd Floor San Diego, California USA

Pacific Brochures Looks like a Scam or at least Shady San Diego California

*Consumer Comment: This is a competitor of Pacific Brochures AND HERE ARE THREE REASONS YOU CAN TELL!!

I signed up for the Free Mailer System advertized on the Pacific Brochures website and received their booklet entitled, "Pacific Brochures Homes Workers Guide" on February 7, 2014.  I spent $35 to get into the program and $10 regular shipping for a total of $45.

Weeks went by and I never received any envelopes....I called customer service and Customer Rep Diane said to wait another week or so but the envelopes will come in.  I waited another 2 weeks and called....Diane said the same thing.  I waited until the end of March some 6 weeks wait time so far, still no envelopes.

I then called and asked Diane to give me my money back, she said to just mail back the original Home Guide Booklet for a refund.  So now I am mailing that back to Pacific hoping I will get my money back.

Here is where I believe the SCAM is in this program.  First of all I don't believe that any envelopes were going to arrive....EVER!  Because there are NO ENVELOPES and there never was going to be!

This program probably brings in a lot of people who can easily fork over $45 for a Free program and quite frankly a lot of these people will probably forget about it or may not want to bother to get their money back or are just disinterested when they never receive anything. So Pacific gets paid by each person who wants to be part of the Free Mailer Program, they each receive the booklet  and Pacific hopes most of these people just lose interest and fade away.  Of course this is all personal opinion.....I can't prove this....but I think I'm correct.

The thing that really convinced me that Pacific is a SCAM is when I called Diane the last time to ask for my money back....without ANY hesitation she just said to mail it back.  If this was an actual legitimate business where ACTUAL ADVERTISEMENTS were currently going on on my behalf as someone part of the Free Mailer Program, there would have been the dillemma of envelopes possibly in transit that could possibly arrive at my home that day or the next day, or the next few days.  There would have to be some sort of cancellation process of all the envelopes I was supposedly supposed to be receiving any day now.

But that never happened, and Diane never said anything like, "If you receive any envelopes in the next few days, now that you are wanting your money back, please send then back to Pacific at our expense."

Please do not invest in their program....it is a scam and I think I demonstrated that to the fullest!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2014 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pacific-Brochures/San-Diego-California-92108/Pacific-Brochures-Looks-like-a-Scam-or-at-least-Shady-San-Diego-California-1136916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pacific Brochures

AUTHOR: Jimmy E - ()

This report is really well writen and articulated. A little TOO well for someone who left out SO many blatent, easy to find information to be left out! I have only been with Pacific Brochures for one month and new the answers to every single question rasied!

Ill go throgh each one for you.

1. When you asked for a refund Diane did not give you instructions on what to do when the envelopes come in. When you receive the start up package it says  ON THE 1st PAGE, in bold letters it says. "IF YOU QUIT OR CANCEL YOU ORDER YOU MUST SEND EVERY SINGLE LETTER BACK RETURN TO SENDER! IF YOU ARE USING A P.O. BOX IT MUST BE CLOSED." She must have figured you had read the instructions.

2. You said you don't believe  the ads where ever done. ANYONE who is signed up with Pacific Brochures knows darn well, not only can you see the ads BUT YOU CAN TRACK THEM WITH YOUR EMAIL! How could you not know that?

3. When you asked for a refund they said okay, send the stuff back. They have a 60 day money back guarantee, no quetions asked, it's on every page of the website! Did you want them to say NO, you can't have a refund? Did you want them to talk you out of it?

THATS WHAT NO QUESTIONS ASKED MEANS!

For someone as articulate as Brian here not to catch these very simple details makes me think it's a competitor . I can't prove it but Ill bet Im right!!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC