• Report: #1120375

Palatka Buffet
1701 Reid Street Palatka , Florida USA

Palatka Buffet Mold on Their Food Palatka Florida

*Consumer Comment: wow!

My family and I went to this buffet Saturday Feb. 2nd 2014, around 7pm. It was my husband, and 2 kids, ages 6, and 8. We are regulars, and drive about 30 miles one way to get to this buffet, we come here at least 3 times a month. This time, the food that was sitting out was old, tasted horrible, and finally, when my daughter wanted just fruit, she sat down to eat it, and found there was mold on it!!! My husband politely told the waitress this, and she proceeded to scream at us that it wasn't mold, and ate it right in front of us!!!

After being yelled at like this, we said we were done, we were going to leave, and 4 of the people who worked there began making a huge scene and saying that they were calling the cops. We never once said we were not going to pay, we were just informing them of mold!!! We asked for the manager, and was told that it was family owned, so they were all managers. They said they would take off one meal because of the mold, but never did.

The cops came and were outraged that the woman ate the evidence of the mold!! The cops thanked us and told us they were going to take their family there, but now they are not!! We have never had a bad experience until now, and I am telling you, we are never going back. While the cops were there, the lady began lying saying my husband, who is physically disabled threw a table and a plate, and said he wasn't going to pay. CUSTOMERS CAME UP TO THE POLICE AND TOLD THEM, THIS IS A LIE, WE NEVER SAID THIS, AND WE NEVER DID THIS!!! This place is horrible, and needs some serious help

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2014 02:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palatka-Buffet/Palatka-Florida-32177/Palatka-Buffet-Mold-on-Their-Food-Palatka-Florida-1120375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palatka Buffet

wow!

AUTHOR: Giselle - ()

Awful story! What terrible service. The employee could have just said "that is not mold, but I will get you another piece of fruit since you seem concerned". Make sure to write this at yelp as well and yahoo reviews. Between ripoffreport and those 2 other places, you will really get the word out. That place may want to figure out their hierarchy. Not everyone can be a manager!