Complaint Review: Paletz Roofing and Inspections, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, August 10, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, May 15, 2014

• Reported By: Bill C. — Cooper City Florida
Paletz Roofing and Inspections, Inc.
320 S. Flamingo Road, #107 Pembroke Pines, Florida USA

Paletz Roofing and Inspections, Inc. Price Gouging, Predatory Pricing, Excessive Pricing Pembroke Pines Florida

*Consumer Comment: No Rip-Off Here!!! Stop Whining!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Cost for repair

*Consumer Comment: Please answer ALL questions

*Author of original report: Estimate

*Consumer Comment: Estimate?

Contractor took less than 25 minutes to repair a 6 inch hole in the sheathing of my roof that had caused a water leak.  The only materials required was a handful of roofing cement.  I was charged $600 for this service.  The equivalent labor rate would be $1440/hr.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2013 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paletz-Roofing-and-Inspections-Inc/Pembroke-Pines-Florida-33027/Paletz-Roofing-and-Inspections-Inc-Price-Gouging-Predatory-Pricing-Excessive-Pricing-1074664. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paletz Roofing and Inspections, Inc.

No Rip-Off Here!!! Stop Whining!

AUTHOR: David eiglarsh - ()

I've been using Paletz for over 15 years!  As a Realtor, they average a job a month for me.  I also refer them to lots of my clients.  They also take care of my home, office and investment properties.  NEVER have they ever been unfair with me, nor has anyone reported back that they were taken advantage of.

They show up on time, do the work as promised, are neat and guarantee their work.

What part of the estimate weren't you comfortable with?  If it had taken twice as long, were you prepared to pay more?  They wouldn't have charged you more!  What if the repair didn't work and they had to come out again? Would they have charged you again?  Would you be willing to pay more?  The answers are NO.  And I base that on prior experience.  Would you have been happy if the roofer took his time doing the repair rather than got it done quickly?  For cheap roof repairs, you should hire a handyman.  If you want a licensed roofer, who risks his life every time he climbs a latter, who fixes the problem, who carries workers comp insurance and general liability insurance (the highest cost for any trade outside of Alaskan Crab Fisherman), then you call a licensed roofer.  Based on the dozens of roof inspection reports I see every month, I can tell you with certainty that Paltz's prices are fair as compared to others.  Very few roofers in South Florida have been around as long as Paletz.  Many come and go.  Paletz's longevity is partially based on their fair treatment of customers, reasonable prices, responsiveness and guaranteed success repairing leaks.

Rarely do I ever see a repair estimate less than $600 for ANY roof repair.  Again, there are costs to do business if one wants to stay in business.  When you call Paletz, someone answers the phone.  You get someone usually the same day to provide an estimate.  The repair is usually done either the same day or the following day!  For this, you pay a fair price!

I'd love a refund for every theater show or movie I walked out of!  I'd like a refund for every resteraunt meal I only ate half of!  I'd love a discount for repairs that take 1 hour instead of the estimated 2 hours!  If that's what I want, then I negotiate for that in advance.  Often times I hire people to do a job on an hourly basis.  Often times I prefer a flat fee rate, knowing I may be paying more if the job gets done quickly.  The peace of mind is that I know what my cost is going in.  I don't whine about it later!

And forget about your suggestion of #1,440 per hour!"  There is travel time, gas, insurance on the vehicle, pay for the roofer, pay for the estimator, pay for the secretary that took your call, E&O insurance, General Liability Insurance, workers comp insurance, advertising, phone, electric, janitorial, computers, materials, warrantee costs, refunds for repairs that fail, costs for jobs that run over, sick pay, vacation pay, holiday gifts to loyal employees and so on.  Why didn't you buy a $5 tube of cement at Home Depot and do the repair yourself?  Enough said!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Cost for repair

AUTHOR: Joel Paletz, Jr President/Owner - ()

I am writing to let our future customers understand that when you call a roofing company and receive a quote for a repair that this price is to fix the problem. Our company does not charge by time. We're hired to fix the issue and our policy is that if we can't fix the problem after several attempts, we will refund your money in full.

Please answer ALL questions

AUTHOR: coast - ()

What was the estimated cost? Did that estimate clearly state (not suggest) the amount of time the repair would take? How many of the contractor's personnel were on-site?

Estimate

AUTHOR: Bill C. - ()

Yes, I did receive an estimate.  The description of the labor involved in the estimate suggested significantly more time to complete the repair and therefore seemed reasonable.  Yes, it's my fault for not asking more questions in the estimation process, however that doesn't change the fact that the company acted in a deceptive manner.  My own fault I got screwed but it least it can be a beacon to others.

Estimate?

AUTHOR: coast - ()

Did you request an estimate prior to the repair? How much was the estimate?