Complaint Review: Pap Duct

• Updated: Tue, March 04, 2014

• Reported By: Ken — clayton North Carolina
Pap Duct
no known address Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Papa Duct 888-428-3828 any home air conditioning/heating duct cleaning from Groupon or living social Raleigh North Carolina

We purchased, through Living Social a $35.00 coupon worth $350.00 for a WHOLE house airconditioning/heating system cleaning from Papa Duct.  This same coupon is available on Groupon I might ad, and on BOTH websites under various other names, like home cleaning solutions, etc.  BEWARE, it is a ripoff.  They know how long you have to wait before you are unable to collect a cash or credit card refund.  When you call to get a refund, the cancellation period has expired and the only thing that you get back is a "credit" to purchase something else.  Our guy showed up today, 3/4/2014 and without looking under my house, declared that I have 2 return ducts.  My coupon reads:  $35 ($350 value) for air duct cleaning package
• Includes air duct cleaning of unlimited supply vents, 1 main vent + 1 return vent.

That is EXACTLY what I have in my 1450 sq. ft. home.  He told me that I have 9 supply vents and 2 return ducts, and it would cost an additional $150.00 to have the work done.  As a retired contractor, I knew he was full of crap.  He was just trying to score another $150 bucks for his company/himself.  This seems to be a common practice with these scammers.  Don't get me wrong, this has nothing to do with Groupon or Living Social, they just need to be told not to do business with these scammers.

please be aware when you buy services of this type, do not buy them through a coupon as you will get screwed by the service comany that shows up, in my case Papa Duct!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pap-Duct-/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27527/Papa-Duct-888-428-3828-any-home-air-conditioningheating-duct-cleaning-from-Groupon-or-l-1128190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pap Duct