calculated

• Submitted: Sun, March 26, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, March 26, 2006

• Reported By:Oak Hill Virginia
Park West Galleries
29469 Northwestern Highway Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.

Park West Galleries ripoff Southfield Michigan
Rip-off Report Investigation: Park West receives a POSITIVE RATING from Rip-off Report -commitment to providing excellent customer service, pledges its commitment to 100% customer satisfaction - over 1 million satisfied clients - feel confident & secure when doing business with Park West Gallery

I purchased art aboard a Carnival Cruise Line ship on 5/8/04. Onboard the ship it was announced several times a day that ANY purchases made aboard the ship or in any of their approved stores were fully refundable within 30 days. I filled out the Carnival Form necessary to ensure their 30 day guarantee. Once home I saw online all the problem with Park West Galleries(PWG) and immediately wanted to cancel my purchase but I knew I had 30 days and wanted to sit with it a few days to make sure I really wanted to cancel it. On 5/23/04 I called Park West Galleries to cancel my order which had not been shipped as of yet. I spoke with Justine who said she would look into this policy of CCL and get back with me. I also called their credit card company HSBC Household Retail Services on 5/23/04 to notify them of the cancellation. On 5/34/04 I sent an overnight cancellation letter return receipt to Park West Galleries. On 6/26/04 when I was not home the first attempt of delivering the art was made. I called Fed Ex to have the art returned to sender as it was a mistake as I had cancelled this purchase. On 6/28/04 I spoke with the same sales rep at Park West who said she didn't get back with me as she was gone for a couple of weeks, but that she could not approve the cancellation and that the Carnival Cruise Line 30 day cancellation policy did not apply to Park West Galleries. I called Carnival Cruise Line who then stated that it was up to Park West Galleries. I asked Carnival Cruise Line for a copy of the document I signed for this art work for their 30 day guarantee program. They said they did not keep these forms themselves. I called the company who keeps them and they said they couldn't possibly find it and that they only keep them for 30 days anyway. So many phone calls and letters have ensued trying to resolve this. Park West Gallery has the art and apparently the money as well. As of 3/24/06 I have been turned over to ASG collection agency because I will not pay for this fraud. Please beware of Park West Gallery and know that Carnival Cruise Line does not back the guarantee they announce onboard ship many times a day, even if you fill out their form of purchases. That form is only to ensure that they get paid their piece of the purchase.

Anne
Oak Hill, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2006 03:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Park-West-Galleries/Southfield-Michigan-48034/Park-West-Galleries-ripoff-Southfield-MichiganRip-off-Report-Investigation-Park-West-rec-183322. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Park West Galleries