Complaint Review: Parks Motor Sales

• Reported By: Crystal — Columbia Tennessee
Parks Motor Sales
919 Nashville Hwy. Columbia, Tennessee USA

Parks Motor Sales Dishonest Service Dept. Columbia Tennessee

I brought my van to Parks Motors service department to determine if I needed a new transmission. I specifically told them that I would not replace the transmission as it was an older van and not worth the expense but I wanted to check and make sure  there wasn't a different problem before I scrapped the van all together. They called and told me the problem was an EGR valve and they could replace it for $439. I agreed to the repair, excited that I would not need to buy a new van. When I picked up my van, it ran exactly like it did when I dropped it off.

There's no way they even drove it after the so-called repair. I took it back and told them it wasn't fixed. This time, they determined that I needed a new transmission after all. I believe they knew this from the get-go but wanted to do or say they did another repair in order to  receive more money than just the cost of a diagnostic report. They refused to give me my money back, or even part of it, but would deduct the $439 from the cost of a new transmission, which was $2500!!!

I took my van to this dealership because I thought they might be more honest than the average mechanic working for himself. Boy was I wrong. My revenge is that they lost the opportunity to sell me a new van and I have been very vocal about my experience. Shame on you Park's Motors!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2014 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Parks-Motor-Sales/Columbia-Tennessee-38401/Parks-Motor-Sales-Dishonest-Service-Dept-Columbia-Tennessee-1127086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Parks Motor Sales