Complaint Review: parts.com

• Submitted: Thu, June 09, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, December 27, 2011

• Reported By: Jim — Grants Pass Oregon U.S.A.
parts.com
Nationwide United States of America

parts.com Auto parts sales online - AVOID - Will nor accept returns of incorrect parts. internet sales only, Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: Refund Accepted

First of all, i am an automotive repair shop in Grants Pass, OR.  I ordered a part using the genuine Mercedes Benz part number from this site.  There was no picture of the part available from www.parts.com, but, since I was ordering a part using a factory part numbe, I assumed it would be the correct part.  It was not.  Since I did not give a VIN for the car when I ordered the part, www.parts.com refused to issue me a refund, even after they had issued me an RMA and I paid frieght to return the part to them as they had requested.

This company is a rip-off.  Before you purchase anything from them, be 100% positive that they are sending you the correct part.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2011 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/partscom/nationwide/partscom-Auto-parts-sales-online-AVOID-Will-nor-accept-returns-of-incorrect-parts-i-738930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on parts.com

Refund Accepted

AUTHOR: Parts.com - (United States of America)

Hello Jim,

I'm very sorry for the delayed response to your feedback. I was not aware of this review and will continue to monitor Parts.com reviews on RipoffReport.com in the future, should one be submitted.

Parts.com is regretful to hear that you received a part that was incorrect for your needs. I have investigated this issue further and upon viewing your order have discovered that you were indeed credited for the cost of the part. While Parts.com strongly encourages including your VIN with all purchases to ensure accuracy of your order, we are always more than happy to refund order charges should we conclude that the error was ours.

Parts.com is dedicated to providing our customers with top-notch customer service and we hope that this issue was resolved to your satisfaction.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

Kind Regards,